ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Another question about speaker aiming  (Read 3958 times)

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
Re: Another question about speaker aiming
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2021, 01:04:43 PM »

Back when I was in college in the early 00's, I worked overhire on the local crew for several Broadway tours over the years. I don't remember which show this particular story is from, but they had a bunch of ground stacked boxes on each side of the proscenium. I remember them being purple, but I could be wrong about that. I was helping the crew stack boxes, and the touring A1 hopped on top of the stack to do the final aiming. I was on the ground, and he asked me to hand him a few "audio adjustment blocks." I looked into the case and said, "you mean these black painted 2x4 pieces?" I knew the answer, but I wanted him to say yes out loud, and he sounded a little defeated as he did.

Although sometimes I'll use spare DI's in a pinch, I prefer to use 2x4's for that job when needed. I haven't found anything better yet. I sometimes call them Audio Adjustment Blocks and think back to that show. Good memories.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2021, 03:48:51 PM »

Although sometimes I'll use spare DI's in a pinch, I prefer to use 2x4's for that job when needed. I haven't found anything better yet. I sometimes call them Audio Adjustment Blocks and think back to that show. Good memories.
Each of our Southern Thunder Sound systems had an ADAM (Angular Discrepancy Adjustment Module) case, each individual black "ADAM" stenciled in the system color. All the corners of the ADAMs were 1/4" rounded, no sharp edges or slivers.

We only had to point to the case and ask for the requisite number and depth, (.75" or 1.5") of ADAMs required.

Art
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 03:54:25 PM by Art Welter »

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2021, 05:15:07 PM »

I prefer to use 2x4's for that job when needed. I haven't found anything better yet.

In the interest of economy and ecology, I use the 2x3's that Home Depot sells (subject to availability, that is).

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2021, 05:15:07 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 25 queries.