ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: It's good to see Dave around  (Read 31198 times)

Randy Frierson

It's good to see Dave around
« on: September 28, 2009, 06:36:36 PM »

I just want to say that it's good to have the 1rst Labster around again and as well the Barking Dog forum..I love this forum but i loved it better before Dave and Ken sold it..It's lost the feeling that it used to have and especially all of the more seasoned veterans that had real world exsperiances to share that have seemed to do elsewhere...Randy

Charlie Zureki

Re: It's good to see Dave around
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 06:49:11 PM »

Randy Frierson wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 17:36

I just want to say that it's good to have the 1rst Labster around again and as well the Barking Dog forum..I love this forum but i loved it better before Dave and Ken sold it..It's lost the feeling that it used to have and especially all of the more seasoned veterans that had real world exsperiances to share that have seemed to do elsewhere...Randy

Ok Randy.... I'll bite.... What DO YOU MEAN when you wrote " seasoned veterans that had real world exsperiances to share" (ok, I can understand this part of the sentence) but... what does this mean?....  "that have seemed to do elsewhere"

please explain...

Hammer
Be prepared, you'll need it!

Dick Rees

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 06:52:13 PM »

Charlie Zureki wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 17:49

Ok Randy.... I'll bite.... What DO YOU MEAN when you wrote " seasoned veterans that had real world exsperiances to share" (ok, I can understand this part of the sentence) but... what does this mean?....  "that have seemed to do elsewhere"

please explain...

Hammer

Typo.
 Neo-Luddite, Rocket Surgeon
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Ian Hunt

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 07:00:28 PM »

Charlie Zureki wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 17:49

please explain...

Hammer

I think he means that Haitian band, Boukman Experyans!

Great band, maybe Randy pervided fer'em

Ian

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Randy Frierson

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 09:38:47 PM »

I meant GO elsewhere...There are some that just don't post here anymore and they may lurk ...there seems to be a lot of fluff and not enough of the serious Pro content...just my oppinion   Randy

Ian Hunt

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »

Well I'm glad that's cleared up.

Ian

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 10:09:24 PM »

Randy Frierson wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 20:38

...there seems to be a lot of fluff and not enough of the serious Pro content...just my oppinion   Randy

Laughing

In a Forum such as this... one generally receives what one is willing to commit.

So.... where's your "serious Pro content"?

Just My opinion.

Cheers,
 Hammer

ps. I think many have contributed "serious Pro content"; have you read any of the thought provoking posts?

AND... please use the spell-checker. It doesn't cost anything.
Be prepared, you'll need it!

Nicolas Lowman

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 10:50:23 PM »

I think he is referring to the old days when people used to see how much they could get "michael" wound up. (Yes it is supposed to be lower cased, those of you that have been around that long remember) Boy there used to be some drama in those posts....

Dave Stevens

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 03:07:41 AM »

Thanks Friar for the kind words.  Wink  It certainly is different these days though my crazy Uncle Kenny was paying me as as much or more as the current mods make on their day gigs to ride heard on the forum.  While we did have a different take on this, we couldn't make any money on it.  We were ahead of our time.  When I started the forum 15 years ago, this isn't what I'd hoped it would be.

I don't know that I would call it less professional, but it's different.  Back in the day it was as much about the people that ran sound companies than those that did one off or regional gigs.  My focus these days isn't on forums or even sound reinforement.  I'm three decades into this and I let it rule the first 26 years of my adult life.  I'm not willing to do that anymore.  There are other things I'd rather spend my time on.  Like having a life I didn't get to have when I toured or ran sound companies.  I like to share my knowledge with the new kids or at workshops like AES but this paricular incarnation of an Internet forum doesn't exactly suit me.

Dave
======================================
Revenge of the Chick Car...
A Barking Dog Goes Road Racing in 2011
http://www.roaddog.com/racing/

Jack Arnott

• http://assistanceaudio.com
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 03:27:16 AM »

Charlie Zureki wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 16:49

please explain...

Hammer

Hello Hammer

There used to be some heavy(ier) hitters here. More in the knowledge department. Don Davis EG. Took me days to savor and re-read to understand  their posts. Even Tom Danley who is still a frequent contributor, used to have more substance to his posts. No knock on Tom, but when he is conversing with higher minds, his responses are more to the level of the subject. And the fact that the same inane things are discussed, over and over, and no matter how many times he posts things, it gets drug down to the lower common denominator.

Oh, and when they would wax eloquent over kick drum mics.......

Regards, Jack
The Buffalo's already dead,
What was going through your head?
Why did you choose the color Re-ed?
Joss Whedon

www.assistanceaudio.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 18 queries.