ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF TT in Mono  (Read 631 times)

John Sheehan

RCF TT in Mono
« on: May 23, 2024, 06:07:30 PM »

Hi all, I have 2xRCF TT515 tops and 2xRCf TT808's. I want to use a single Mono FOH signal and link all four speakers, My question is, do the "link" connections pass the full range signal to the next box if I have the high and low pass filters selected respectively on each speaker, so in theory, I just link all four and let each speaker determine what to do with the signal? Its a problem room and mono is the best option in this case. I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

Paul G. OBrien

Re: RCF TT in Mono
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 07:09:07 PM »

No need to do anything special if the source is mono to begin with. For example a mic into a live sound console produces a dual mono output.. the L and R mixer outputs are idential, same with any other instrument as long as there are no stereo effects added to the signal. If you are dealing with stereo sources then does your mixer have the ability to mono sum everything?

As to your question about the speakers I'm not sure but I suspect the output is fullrange simply because that is common if not the default way it is configured.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2024, 07:45:46 PM »

Hi all, I have 2xRCF TT515 tops and 2xRCf TT808's. I want to use a single Mono FOH signal and link all four speakers, My question is, do the "link" connections pass the full range signal to the next box if I have the high and low pass filters selected respectively on each speaker, so in theory, I just link all four and let each speaker determine what to do with the signal? Its a problem room and mono is the best option in this case. I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks.
If thumbs had amp buckets, the rule of thumb tends toward any loop out is typically a basic y-cord split at the input connector (which seems to be the case with the TT515); sometimes it's a line level output regardless of input mode; very occasionally it has the processed output that feeds a logical adjacent pass band input on another amp bucket.  Those tend to have switches that let the operator pick the mode of the loop out.

A quick glance at the owner's manual for the TT515 shows no signal flow line diagram but the description of the XLR-M output tells us it's a y-cord.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Sheehan

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2024, 09:41:16 PM »

If thumbs had amp buckets, the rule of thumb tends toward any loop out is typically a basic y-cord split at the input connector (which seems to be the case with the TT515); sometimes it's a line level output regardless of input mode; very occasionally it has the processed output that feeds a logical adjacent pass band input on another amp bucket.  Those tend to have switches that let the operator pick the mode of the loop out.

A quick glance at the owner's manual for the TT515 shows no signal flow line diagram but the description of the XLR-M output tells us it's a y-cord.
Thank you. That makes sense.

John Sheehan

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2024, 09:45:30 PM »

No need to do anything special if the source is mono to begin with. For example a mic into a live sound console produces a dual mono output.. the L and R mixer outputs are idential, same with any other instrument as long as there are no stereo effects added to the signal. If you are dealing with stereo sources then does your mixer have the ability to mono sum everything?

As to your question about the speakers I'm not sure but I suspect the output is fullrange simply because that is common if not the default way it is configured.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping!.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2024, 01:48:09 AM »

Thanks, that's what I was hoping!.

How are you going to deploy the speakers?
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

John Sheehan

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2024, 01:57:53 AM »

How are you going to deploy the speakers?

so Mono out from desk to first TT808 sub, link to second TT808 sub, thirdly link to first TT515 then link from that TT515 to the second TT515 (one signal line in series)? I will have a dual TT808 Sub Stack at one side (which is basically the center of the room) and single TT515's at either side of the performance area. Its a nasty room no two ways about it.

Also, this just in from RCF support:
Hi,
the XLR Link on the Speakers are direct (thru) links.
Best regards
TechSupport PRO Audio
RCF Audio

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2024, 05:28:05 AM »

so Mono out from desk to first TT808 sub, link to second TT808 sub, thirdly link to first TT515 then link from that TT515 to the second TT515 (one signal line in series)? I will have a dual TT808 Sub Stack at one side (which is basically the center of the room) and single TT515's at either side of the performance area. Its a nasty room no two ways about it.

Also, this just in from RCF support:
Hi,
the XLR Link on the Speakers are direct (thru) links.
Best regards
TechSupport PRO Audio
RCF Audio

My question was about the TT515 are you stacking or spreading out for coverage?

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

John Sheehan

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2024, 08:47:01 PM »

My question was about the TT515 are you stacking or spreading out for coverage?

Spreading out.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2024, 02:16:44 AM »

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2024, 02:16:44 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.