ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single mix to multiple IEMs?  (Read 6976 times)

Fraser Moffatt

Re: Single mix to multiple IEMs?
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2017, 01:04:46 PM »

Thanks Steve - I've got all the pieces in place right now but I don't think I'll deploy it tonight! Will need to have the bugs worked out at home/rehearsal first. I've got a dual band D-Link router that I'll start with, but will consider the Airport Express if it's an easier to use option.
Now with 27% more mojo.

Fraser Moffatt

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 07:22:08 PM »

So, here's what I've got wired up right now. I went with the ART HeadAmpPro6 and had to return the first unit I bought because it had a dead or fried channel. Got a new one so all good to go! Downside is this required buying a whole bunch of new cables!

Slapped everything into a 4U Gator case. I put in a dedicated power supply and hardwired the router in there as well (along with some creative use of Velcro tape). Left the bottom rack 1U open so I could route the AUX cables from the board to ART head amp and reduce cable runs outside the box. Also a nice spot to stow the IEM extension cables down there. DL1608 travels in another case, but I have the external PS mounted inside the rack (Velcro tape again) so just have to plop the mixer on top and attach everything I need to the board.

You may also notice that I put my SansAmp RBI into that rack for at least rehearsal purposes. I'm going to try and see if I can get away with that for gigs! I'm running the main LR into the ART head amp first - it's got a through connect that will go to the main speakers. That way I can take advantage of the "more me"/"more band" mixing capabilities of this head amp thereby simplifying what need to do to create and manage monitor mixes for everyone. Even our drummer now gets a custom mix and not just the headphone out mix!

Got all the loose cable ends coming out of the back of the rack marked with printed labels so as to reduce confusion during setup.

Not sure of the weight yet, but definitely less than my Presonus SL16.4.2 AND my bass rig and a hell of a lot more compact.

I'm REALLY liking the MasterFader app - and it seems that Mackie is constantly improving it and adding more features.

I'm feeling confident that this is going to meet my requirements - simplifying my job as the mix engineer, while playing bass and trying to get FOH to sound reasonably good. Once we dial monitor mixes in at rehearsal, I can let the guys balance their own mix with the main outs and control their own levels - to start with. Then they can graduate to the iPhone solution when they're ready!!

Still need to sort out a stand/table/platform for this rig. The piano bench there will not be deployed! Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 07:26:13 PM by Fraser Moffatt »
Now with 27% more mojo.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2017, 07:41:48 AM »

Stick it on the ground upstage somewhere?

Otherwise go and see what stand would meet your need, people around here tend to recommend k&m but since it won't be handled by musos maybe you can get away with on stage stands or something cheaper. There should be a stand that will meet you needs that's designed for percussions or kiddies keyboards.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Fraser Moffatt

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 02:09:24 PM »

Stick it on the ground upstage somewhere?

Otherwise go and see what stand would meet your need, people around here tend to recommend k&m but since it won't be handled by musos maybe you can get away with on stage stands or something cheaper. There should be a stand that will meet you needs that's designed for percussions or kiddies keyboards.

I'm looking at a road case on wheels that I can use for cables, stands etc. and then tip on its side to act as a counter top for the 4U rack and mixer configuration.  Probably going to buy something used and hack out a solution. Need something that comes to 27" so that the mixer itself can be at "counter top level" but not take up much floor space.
Now with 27% more mojo.

Brian_Henry

• NJ
    • Mountainside Studios, LLC
Single mix to multiple IEMs?
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 04:19:22 PM »

You shouldn't need to tip it if you have good quality locking casters.

This would work well and come out to 26" with casters:

https://www.audiopile.net/mobile/C005

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 04:21:38 PM by BrianHenry »

Fraser Moffatt

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »

You shouldn't need to tip it if you have good quality locking casters.

This would work well and come out to 26" with casters:

https://www.audiopile.net/mobile/C005

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here's what I went with - and my current PA/bass amp/IEM setup. I'm digging it. When we don't need to supply mains speakers, my whole rig rolls into the house in one shot! ProX UTL4 - half trunk. Fits nicely into the cargo space of my SUV in the upright position.  Looks almost identical to the one in the link above!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:47:39 AM by Fraser Moffatt »
Now with 27% more mojo.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.