ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted JBL MRX528S overseas...please help with the website  (Read 2881 times)

Poopedi Kwena

Wanted JBL MRX528S overseas...please help with the website
« on: October 24, 2012, 12:42:34 PM »

Hello guys

I am a guy based in South Africa and have recently acquired 1 JBL MRX528S. The plan was to buy 2 of them but my friend delayed that by the time we try to buy another, the country has ran out of the product (or at least that is the impression I got so far). Now I'm exploiting the idea of buying it outside the country and I can only do so online.
1 Which wesites can I go to that are credible and wouldn't exploit me.
2 is there any chance I can still find the clearance stock elsewhere

Your help and support is always appreciated

Chris Chambers

• Melbourne, Australia
    • MAD Productions
Re: Wanted JBL MRX528S overseas...please help with the website
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:00:50 PM »

Hello guys

I am a guy based in South Africa and have recently acquired 1 JBL MRX528S. The plan was to buy 2 of them but my friend delayed that by the time we try to buy another, the country has ran out of the product (or at least that is the impression I got so far). Now I'm exploiting the idea of buying it outside the country and I can only do so online.
1 Which wesites can I go to that are credible and wouldn't exploit me.
2 is there any chance I can still find the clearance stock elsewhere

Your help and support is always appreciated

I know that Harman doesn't allow shipping of new products of theirs (JBL, Crown, AKG ect) out of the country of purchase so you can't buy brand new from the states and have it shipped. However; Musician's Friend in the US will ship most used equipment so there's a thought. Only problem would be the cost.

Poopedi Kwena

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 11:00:26 AM »

I know that Harman doesn't allow shipping of new products of theirs (JBL, Crown, AKG ect) out of the country of purchase so you can't buy brand new from the states and have it shipped. However; Musician's Friend in the US will ship most used equipment so there's a thought. Only problem would be the cost.

Are you saying that even if I'm not buying it straight from Harman, just another shop down the corner it is not going to be possible? I do not mind if I'm not covered on guarantee or warranty, all I want is just a genuine product

Philip Norman

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 11:55:16 AM »

There is no above-board way to purchase the new cabinet without buying it here from an authorized outlet. If you want to know the current status of supply of the product call the distributor for Harman - Wild and Marr

http://www.wildandmarr.co.za/

Alternatively look on Gumtree (online classifieds) and set the search filter to search the entire country to look for second-hand. Buying used from overseas is extremely difficult not recommended at all and very expensive.

Incidentally I did see some MRX cabinets for sale on Gumtree a little while back. Worth a search

Poopedi Kwena

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 12:30:13 PM »

There is no above-board way to purchase the new cabinet without buying it here from an authorized outlet. If you want to know the current status of supply of the product call the distributor for Harman - Wild and Marr

http://www.wildandmarr.co.za/

Alternatively look on Gumtree (online classifieds) and set the search filter to search the entire country to look for second-hand. Buying used from overseas is extremely difficult not recommended at all and very expensive.

Incidentally I did see some MRX cabinets for sale on Gumtree a little while back. Worth a search

I have contacted Wild and Marr and explored a couple of stores here in the SA. And the reason I say it is out of stock is bcoz I have explored a couple of stores I can trust. I tried the bid or buy... Found something and it turns out to be one of the shops that I previously called and didn't have it. That's when I came to the conclusion that it is exhausted from all retailers.

Philip Norman

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 12:46:06 PM »

I have contacted Wild and Marr and explored a couple of stores here in the SA. And the reason I say it is out of stock is bcoz I have explored a couple of stores I can trust. I tried the bid or buy... Found something and it turns out to be one of the shops that I previously called and didn't have it. That's when I came to the conclusion that it is exhausted from all retailers.

Did the distributor say when they were getting more in?

Poopedi Kwena

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 12:59:42 PM »

Did the distributor say when they were getting more in?

I think the point I missed to highlight is that MRX series has been discontinued by JBL...(Sorry abt that)...and whatever stock there is anywhere is a clearance stock, thus my desperation. So Wild and Marr or the country won't be getting anymore of this.

Philip Norman

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 04:01:48 AM »

I think the point I missed to highlight is that MRX series has been discontinued by JBL...(Sorry abt that)...and whatever stock there is anywhere is a clearance stock, thus my desperation. So Wild and Marr or the country won't be getting anymore of this.

Ah right ok I see now. Ok well all I can suggest now is to hunt down anything on the second hand market both here and abroad if there isn't anything here

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 04:01:48 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.