ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "iWorship DVD's"  (Read 3140 times)

surrenderband

"iWorship DVD's"
« on: November 27, 2004, 08:40:59 AM »

if anyone has heard of iWorship DVDs, they are basically cool looking "music videos" that come with a click track, so if they band plays with the click, the synced screen is showing a cool video along with the words of the song. Now! heres my question.
can something like this be possible run from a laptop on the stage and not from the soundboard? (sorry guys, im sure yall are good at everything, but at my church--we need the soundguys to do as little as possible)i just need a right out to go to the snake (for the click) and the left out to go to the projector somehow. (thats the hard part) please let me know. thanks.

Kurt

Re: "iWorship DVD's"
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 09:56:01 AM »

surrenderband wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 22:40

i just need a right out to go to the snake (for the click) and the left out to go to the projector somehow. (thats the hard part) please let me know. thanks.

I'm confused here. Are you talking about taking the video signal to the projector via the left audio out?!? You can do it if your laptop has a S-video out and take that to the video mixer or what ever yu're using and just just the audio to the sound console. You would just have to get a s-video cable to go the length to FOH. I think you might need some kind of repeater to bust the signal if it's weak.

George Blun

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 10:24:52 AM »

I assume that you’re talking about splitting the audio out of the computer, not the video. Why would you send the audio to the projector? I would send both channels to the audio system. Have your right track set to only feed stage monitors and the left track to only feed the house audio system. This is a pretty simple setup. Any Radio Shack or AV type store will sell you a mini (the connector for the computer) to 2 RCA (one left one right) or 2 TRS (1/4” guitar cable type adapter)

Here’s how I would do it. Mini out of computer to 2 TRS adapter. Plug the left audio connector into input 1 of your audio mixer. On channel 1 turn off all the monitors, and turn on all the outputs for your house audio system. Plug the right audio connector into input 2 of your audio mixer. On channel 2 turn off the outputs to everything but your stage monitors.

This should give you what you are looking for. There are better ways to do this, but I think in your case this may be the simplest and cheapest.

surrenderband

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 02:11:04 PM »

im sorry, i wasnt thinking when i posted the question. i do need to split the audio out into a left and right, and the cofiguration you said is perfect.  SO I GUESS MY NEW QUESTION IS what is the best way for the VIDEO side of it. is there any other way than a 100 ft s video cord (if that would even work)????

George Blun

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 02:35:58 PM »

Now comes the tricky part. Sending DVD video out of a computer, any computer can be tricky. Most computers are configured in a way that will not allow for a DVD to be played on anything but the primary video card. So, when using a laptop the video will only play to the laptop screen and not to any of the outputs. (Granted this does vary from machine to machine…I’ve had no problems with Dell laptops)

Now if your computer can play the DVD video signal out to various outputs why not just use a high quality 100’ VGA cable. It works fine just don’t exceed 100’ and make sure you are using a very high quality cable. (not just a cable that costs a lot at the AV store) You can also use the 100’ of SVideo cable. Just make sure it’s a really high quality cable.

If you are worried about the cable length, go ahead and place a video amplifier in line (either VGA or SVideo). The generic amps/repeaters will tell you how far they will send the signal. Most of the lower end ones will work for 100’.

My solutions are really based on cost savings for you. It sounds like you are trying to be budget minded. If you would like to know of better ways to do this, please PM me and I will gladly help you on making sure you get a great signal to your projector.

breese

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 09:36:11 AM »

What kind of computer are you using?

Will the dvd's work in a dvd player? It would be much easier to get this working with a DVD player if they'll work that way.

On a computer you basically will need to figure out how to get the video to go full screen on the monitor out port. There are several ways to do that, depending on the computer you are using.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 09:36:11 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.