ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 70v speakers? A/V Hub?  (Read 3199 times)

Hansel Anasarias

70v speakers? A/V Hub?
« on: September 21, 2004, 05:36:24 PM »

hey all... (just moved in our new building...messing with the speakers left from the previous church)

LONG!!!! story short...

can anyone shed some light on how 70v speaker systems work, or lead me to a link about that.  I was looking in the 'study hall' but couldnt find anything.  I had a really really bad situation on sunday, and need to educate myself.

Also, we want to send an a/v feed from a sanctuary camera to 5 rooms so that nursing mothers/nursery etc, can watch or listen to the sermon.  What kind of distribution hub type thing should i be looking for.  

Thanks in advance,
-Hansel

John Roberts {JR}

Re: 70v speakers? A/V Hub?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 06:03:44 PM »

contacthansel wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 16:36

hey all... (just moved in our new building...messing with the speakers left from the previous church)

LONG!!!! story short...

can anyone shed some light on how 70v speaker systems work, or lead me to a link about that.  I was looking in the 'study hall' but couldnt find anything.  I had a really really bad situation on sunday, and need to educate myself.

Also, we want to send an a/v feed from a sanctuary camera to 5 rooms so that nursing mothers/nursery etc, can watch or listen to the sermon.  What kind of distribution hub type thing should i be looking for.  

Thanks in advance,
-Hansel

http://aa.peavey.com/downloads%5Cpdf%5CConstantVoltageDistri butionCenter.pdf

This should be a link to a decent article on the subject written by Jack Sondermeyer. I also discussed constant voltage systems briefly in an article I wrote about speaker wire in Live Sound several months ago.

JR

Dave Mallon

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 08:18:24 AM »

In addition, have a look at the Rane note
here on constant voltage systems.  It will say the same thing as JR's link, but differently.

Hope that helps!

Dave Mallon
Formally Scouse Dave.

Hansel Anasarias

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 01:14:31 PM »

HEY HEY....

thanks for the link...very useful.

-hansel

Brad Duryea

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 12:51:43 AM »

Hansel,

For your A/V distribution, consider an in-house cable TV broadcast. This is actually quite simple. You will purchase two items: 1) an RF modulator, which takes the audio and video signals and encodes them as a "TV channel"; and 2) an RF distribution amplifier (DA), which sends out a separate copy of your broadcast to each television via RG-6 coaxial cable.

The advantages of this approach are that it is inexpensive; virtually any television can handle a cable signal; everything is carried on one wire; and your system is easily expandable.

However, the quality is better if you send the original baseband video and audio signals rather than encoding them as a TV channel. This approach is more costly and more complicated though, and for most televisions the difference won't be significant, but if you're using projectors for any of the remote locations you might consider it. If you decide to send the baseband signals, you will need distribution amplifiers for both baseband (composite) video and balanced audio.

Best regards,
Brad
Brad Duryea (brad@dmgsystems.net)
Principal Consultant
DMG Systems
Houston, Texas
Tel: (281) 531-7350
Fax: (713) 893-6066
Web: www.dmgsystems.net

Hansel Anasarias

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 11:49:32 AM »

Brad,
That's an awesome idea!!! I'm going to research on that. Thanks.

-Hansel

Hansel Anasarias

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 03:37:17 PM »

(not trying to advertise)

I found this article regarding 70v Audio Systems.

http://www.partsexpress.com/resources/70volt.html[/url]

dg1

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 03:27:26 PM »

Crown Audio has a really good artical published several years ago called "Constant Voltage, Whatever That Is?" that you can request as a .pdf from their Technical Support Department, They also have a realy cool slide rule for doing 70v systems that can be obtained from their Literature Department. ( I understand that there are not to many of the slide rules left and they will not be making anymore)
I have had both for many years now and use then constantly.

Tom Young

Tom Young, Church Sound section moderator
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 05:30:08 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.