ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carnival Imagination.  (Read 3783 times)

Seth Steplton

Carnival Imagination.
« on: October 11, 2011, 06:30:18 PM »

Have a upcoming week of shows on the Carnival cruise lines Imagination ships. Wondering if anyone knows of the audio system onboard?
"The road to success is always under construction."

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
Re: Carnival Imagination.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 09:42:21 PM »

Have a upcoming week of shows on the Carnival cruise lines Imagination ships. Wondering if anyone knows of the audio system onboard?

I have done a few special event cruises on Carnival.
The main showroom was a distribited system with 3 "rings"of delay speakers and a center cluster above the proscenium. Smaller underhang boxes for the loges and voms.
The ships I was on had all EV speakers (deltamax for the cluster and delay).
It works well for the variety type shows the cruise line produces, but not as much punch as you would expect for a pop/rock act. The show producers brought in extra subs and a small deck stacked pa to augment the house gear.

The smaller lounges are pretty basic...think of a B club rig in the biggest of these and speakers on sticks type systems in the rest.

Power is usually 50hz if you have any older analog gear that doesn't like that. Cheap walwart supplies will run very hot or die... bring a few spares.
The cruise lines all have special event coordinators who can arrange stepdown transformers and a tie-in, but they need lots of notice as this is not a normal duty for the ships electricians.

Sixthman in Atlanta does a lot of special events on Carnival. You could try reaching out to them if you need more advice/info. Rodney is their production guy and he is great!

Preston Soper

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 08:44:04 PM »

Are you doing one of the cruises promoted by Sixthman.
If so they bring a good bit of production gear onto the boats for the festival cruise.
Folks, We have reached our cruising altitude now, so I'm going to switch the seatbelt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane till we land… It's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wing it affects the flight pattern.

Seth Steplton

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 08:58:45 PM »

I need to get more information from our TM. The information I was given says there is a XL4 for my use in the main room, then a Soundcraft K2 for the upstairs outside deck. I see one potential problem in that we have one night where they are going back to their normal show which I'm sure uses the XL4. Lots of charting in my future.

Thanks for the info..
"The road to success is always under construction."

Chris Buford

• SR Forums
  • Richmond, VA
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 09:05:44 PM »

Sixthman in Atlanta does a lot of special events on Carnival. You could try reaching out to them if you need more advice/info. Rodney is their production guy and he is great!

+1

I'll be enjoying my working vacation on my 7th Sixthman cruise in March.

They use Atlanta Sound and Light.

I've seen everything from a Mackie to a Midas Pro6 installed on Carnival so it's tough to say unless you know the specific room on the specific ship. As previously stated, most rooms are designed for their theatre type shows. Sixthman brings a full PA for the main theatre for the rock shows they do.

Preston Soper

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 09:16:20 PM »

+1

I'll be enjoying my working vacation on my 7th Sixthman cruise in March.

They use Atlanta Sound and Light.

I've seen everything from a Mackie to a Midas Pro6 installed on Carnival so it's tough to say unless you know the specific room on the specific ship. As previously stated, most rooms are designed for their theatre type shows. Sixthman brings a full PA for the main theatre for the rock shows they do.
Good to see you in the Lab Chris.
Carbon Leaf always sounds good with you at the helm.
Here are the people to contact
SES Live Pro
http://www.seslivepro.com/
Ask for Sean Henry or Steve Stapleton

Folks, We have reached our cruising altitude now, so I'm going to switch the seatbelt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane till we land… It's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wing it affects the flight pattern.

Martin Bilecki

• WWW.PerformanceSound.com
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:33:51 PM »

Good to see you in the Lab Chris.
Carbon Leaf always sounds good with you at the helm.
Here are the people to contact
SES Live Pro
http://www.seslivepro.com/
Ask for Sean Henry or Steve Stapleton

Tim Cabral is the audio advance guru for specialty cruises for Carnival and knows the straight scoop of how to execute these gigs....

He is on a Carnival boat this week with Kiss....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:57:18 AM by Mac Kerr »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:33:51 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.