ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Venue  (Read 4750 times)

Jonathan 'JP' Peirce

New Venue
« on: May 16, 2011, 09:45:50 PM »

Hey all...

Just wanted to let you all know that I have purchased a 1924 theatre that we are restoring and will be hosting live concerts beginning Sep 2011. The theatre will be about 600 seats... PA is Meyer Melodie/HP600 with Avid Profile at FOH, and M7CL at Mons.  Feel free to stop by our facebook page at:

http://www.facebook.com/TheNewtonTheatre

Hope to see some of you guys coming through.
JP

º°¨¨°º©[]© THE NEWTON THEATRE ©[]©º°¨¨°º
                          234 Spring Street
                         Newton, NJ 07860

www.TheNewtonTheatre.com
         www.facebook.com/TheNewtonTheatre
              www.twitter.com/NewtonTheatre

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: New Venue
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 11:11:07 PM »

Hey all...

Just wanted to let you all know that I have purchased a 1924 theatre that we are restoring and will be hosting live concerts beginning Sep 2011. The theatre will be about 600 seats... PA is Meyer Melodie/HP600 with Avid Profile at FOH, and M7CL at Mons.  Feel free to stop by our facebook page at:

JP

Good luck, JP!
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

James Feenstra

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 01:58:56 AM »

Hey all...

JP
pretty nice PA...what's in there for lights? :D
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 10:14:28 AM »

Congrats!

Where is the theater? Does it have any contact #'s yet? September isn't far away.
[/quote]

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 01:36:47 PM »

Hey all...

JP

So is the theater organ still in playable condition?  I can see a program of silent movies on a quarterly basis.  The Northeast still has active theater organ clubs...

What about a stagehouse?  I see it was build as a cinema, so there's no wing space or flys.  Any provision for eventually dealing with those limitations?

Again, good luck with this project!

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jonathan 'JP' Peirce

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 04:10:08 PM »

So is the theater organ still in playable condition?  I can see a program of silent movies on a quarterly basis.  The Northeast still has active theater organ clubs...

What about a stagehouse?  I see it was build as a cinema, so there's no wing space or flys.  Any provision for eventually dealing with those limitations?

Again, good luck with this project!

Tim Mc
No organ, we just were left with the wooden pipes, which we donated to a person putting in a new pipe organ in Albany, NY. Wing space is minimal, no fly tower. We do own land directly behind the back wall of the stage house, so the plan is to push back with a fly tower. (We did this with the theatre I am presently in).
JP

234 Spring Street
                         Newton, NJ 07860

www.TheNewtonTheatre.com

Jonathan 'JP' Peirce

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 04:11:06 PM »

Congrats!

Where is the theater? Does it have any contact #'s yet? September isn't far away.

Newton NJ 973-343-7688

234 Spring Street
                         Newton, NJ 07860

www.TheNewtonTheatre.com

Dave Dermont

• Forum Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • From The Great Pocono Northeast
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 09:23:11 PM »

The best of luck to you JP.

Not far from Newton, in Milford, PA there is a 1920s era 300-seater that an effort was being made to save.

That too, is simply called "The Milford Theater".

FWIW, Milford, PA is the world headquarters of Altec Lansing, and when I was in there a couple years ago, there is some VOT stuff behind the movie screen. It was a Hemp House, and the pin rail was in incredibly good shape for its age

I worked there for a regional blues artist who self-promoted a show there to help raise some awareness of the place. I am not up to speed as to if the restoration effort took hold or if the place was torn down.

Dave Dermont

Warning: Dates on calendar may be closer than they appear

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 09:44:41 PM »

Not far from Newton, in Milford, PA there is a 1920s era 300-seater that an effort was being made to save.

FWIW, Milford, PA is the world headquarters of Altec Lansing, and when I was in there a couple years ago, there is some VOT stuff behind the movie screen. It was a Hemp House, and the pin rail was in incredibly good shape for its age

I worked there for a regional blues artist who self-promoted a show there to help raise some awareness of the place. I am not up to speed as to if the restoration effort took hold or if the place was torn down.

www.milfordtheatertrust.com has listed a board meeting... for March 2010.  Somehow that's not encouraging.

Jonathan 'JP' Peirce

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 08:10:58 AM »

We had 3 VOT (1 without the low end driver) that ended up in the dumpster. I couldn't use them, and no one wanted them...

234 Spring Street
                         Newton, NJ 07860

www.TheNewtonTheatre.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 08:10:58 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.