ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Always Fun...  (Read 536 times)

Bob Stone

Always Fun...
« on: May 06, 2024, 10:48:58 AM »

Found a guy on marketplace selling off a bunch of extra stuff he had from various conf room type installs and conference work over the years. For $250 CAD I got 2 x Beta87's, 2 x Beta58's, and 1 x SM58 capsules, and a Radial J+4, and some half wave antennas and power supplies. He had a room full of just random Crestron and other typical install things, tons of cabling and power supplies and such, just all sorts of neat things (mostly what I didn't need though). Either way, even one Beta87 is worth more than I paid for the lot, so did well :)

Also last week came across a QSC CX254 for $250 as well, so that was also a decent win :) it's getting re-sold to my boss who was looking for a 4 channel amp though.

Just a few fun little scores on the used market where I actually did pretty well. I've bought a lot of other gear that way, but usually 50% of retail or higher is typical, not pennies on the dollar unless it was old ancient useless stuff which is not the case here.

Jay Marr

Re: Always Fun...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 11:36:15 AM »

Found a guy on marketplace selling off a bunch of extra stuff he had from various conf room type installs and conference work over the years. For $250 CAD I got 2 x Beta87's, 2 x Beta58's, and 1 x SM58 capsules, and a Radial J+4, and some half wave antennas and power supplies. He had a room full of just random Crestron and other typical install things, tons of cabling and power supplies and such, just all sorts of neat things (mostly what I didn't need though). Either way, even one Beta87 is worth more than I paid for the lot, so did well :)

Also last week came across a QSC CX254 for $250 as well, so that was also a decent win :) it's getting re-sold to my boss who was looking for a 4 channel amp though.

Just a few fun little scores on the used market where I actually did pretty well. I've bought a lot of other gear that way, but usually 50% of retail or higher is typical, not pennies on the dollar unless it was old ancient useless stuff which is not the case here.

I love scores like that!  My sister worked at a club that was stopping their in house bands/music, so they wanted all their gear gone.  I pulled up with a van and piled it all in.  He wanted peanuts for all of it.
One particular memory was a bin of XLRs he asked $50 for.  When I got it home and emptied it, it was also full of Mics.  Lots of 57s, a couple 58s, and a Beta 52 (which I needed).

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 04:09:14 PM »

Surplus auctions are often fun for stuff like this.  It's easy to find thousands of dollars worth of stuff for just a few pennies sometimes, especially when it's incomplete pieces and parts, or just not a common resale item.

My last score was 12 complete offices of furniture (like new), a 50 feet of quicklok shelving, a rolling ladder, and 20 LCD monitors all for $78.
Brian Jojade

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 01:57:14 AM »

Back when i was starting out, I bought 6 K&M boom stands.The salesman showed me a crate if "stuff".
Broken stands and cables and...  So, for another 50 bucks i threw it in the truck.
A bit of welding, cutting, and assembling i had another 20 stands. Mostly K&M. I made some shorty's, a custom for 2 kicks, snare and hat. A couple of "thin" for squeezing into a drum kit.  I figure my 50 bucks got me over a thousand worth of stands.  Then, there were the cables.....
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 08:13:53 AM »

4 channel amps are a hard-to-find for a decent price on the used market these days.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 08:13:53 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.