ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hearing Impaired systems  (Read 414 times)

scottstephens

Hearing Impaired systems
« on: May 01, 2024, 10:50:19 AM »

Hey Guys,

Hope ya'll are getting the warm weather work lined up cause the bills are aren't stopping.

I have a church asking about a hearing impaired system. Who makes them these days?  Any that you all would recommend over another for whatever reason?

I haven't had to deal with one of those for a few years.

Thanks.
Scott

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Hearing Impaired systems
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 12:37:16 PM »

Hey Guys,

Hope ya'll are getting the warm weather work lined up cause the bills are aren't stopping.

I have a church asking about a hearing impaired system. Who makes them these days?  Any that you all would recommend over another for whatever reason?

Thanks.
Scott

Williams, and Listen Technology.  Many new hearing instruments have receivers built in, there are stand alone receivers, and there are new "network" systems that stream real time to user's phones or compatible devices.  Things have changed a lot in the last 20 years.

You might get more attention to this topic in the Installation forum.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 07:56:38 PM »

I've installed a couple of the Listen Technologies WIFI systems, the user needs to download the Listen Tech app, the phone needs to be connected to the WIFI network the Listen Tech system is on, open the app and the audio is streaming to your phone or tablet. At that point
you can Bluetooth connect the device to ear buds or hearing aids that are Bluetooth enabled.

If you are looking at an RF system look at the 216mhz Listen Tech system, sounds way better than the 54mhz system, better range and smaller antenna to deal with. 

Robert Healey

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2024, 10:31:51 PM »

As an engineer my interpretation of the building code is that having the wifi transmitter alone is not sufficient - the venue must have receivers in the specified quantities.

For a long time that meant installing an RF or IR system even if there was also a more convenient wifi system in place. Listen and Williams now have hardware wifi receivers that meet the code requirements - Williams has what looks like a small tablet (WF R2-N) while Listen has a more traditional receiver (LWR-1050)

IR systems are mostly gone. They still exist for applications where privacy is required like courtrooms, but generally RF is used everywhere else.

[email protected]

• Finland, Uusimaa
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 01:47:48 AM »

Hey Guys,

Thanks.
Scott

I do this weekly. What kind of installation are we looking at? Is there a possibility to make induction loop, or does it need to be something which is "less intrusive installation"?

My recommendation is always a loop, and typically I recommend a "loss control multiloop", depending on the need and venue of course, but the loss control multi would be a good place to start.
For loop driver (amplifier) there are multiple manufacturers. The 2 best (for what my experience is) are WilliamsAV and Ampetronic. But there are other, cheaper ones, also available.

If a less intrusive installation is needed, then I would recommend infrared system. They are more complicated and typically need a device that transforms the infrared to induction, so that the hearing aid device can "read" it, or a dedicated beltpack (or something similar) to work as receiver.
Typically those devices are supplied by venue for the use at that venue at that event, like a "loan".

Br,
-Minka-
95% of touring is work, and if you're lucky that 5% of the time is working with gear that are in good shape and according to rider...

Robert Healey

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 12:28:07 PM »

For loop driver (amplifier) there are multiple manufacturers. The 2 best (for what my experience is) are WilliamsAV and Ampetronic. But there are other, cheaper ones, also available.

Noting that in the US, Listen Technologies distributes Ampetronic as of last year. Prior to that it was Willams.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 12:28:07 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 1.78 seconds with 22 queries.