ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC Hpr181i amp module  (Read 425 times)

John M. Roll

QSC Hpr181i amp module
« on: March 28, 2024, 02:05:55 PM »

I had an amp module go down this weekend. QSC says it's obsolete and no parts are available. Am I dead in the water with this? These things have been workhorses for me and I hate to think the cab is scrap. Suggestions?
Thanks
John

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
Re: QSC Hpr181i amp module
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 02:44:31 PM »

I had an amp module go down this weekend. QSC says it's obsolete and no parts are available. Am I dead in the water with this? These things have been workhorses for me and I hate to think the cab is scrap. Suggestions?
Thanks
John
The cab is not scrap, even if the amp may be.
You could either replace the amp with a current QSC module, an outboard amp, or another brand of plate amp:
https://www.amazon.com/LASE-Compatible-Aftermarket-Replacement-Amplifier/dp/B0921CFS62

Won't be exactly the same, but it will work, until it doesn't..

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 03:08:28 PM »

Hi John, I agree with Art - definitely don't scrap the whole cabinet.  The QSC HPR Series uses analog amps which to my understanding are essentially plate versions of the QSC RMX Series.  My guess is that given the simplicity of analog amps combined with the prevalence QSC RMX amps, any competent repair shop should be able to diagnose and repair the unit without much struggle.  Alternatively, you can always pull the amp off and try to do this yourself.  Hope this helps!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 06:35:39 PM »

Hi John, I agree with Art - definitely don't scrap the whole cabinet.  The QSC HPR Series uses analog amps which to my understanding are essentially plate versions of the QSC RMX Series.  My guess is that given the simplicity of analog amps combined with the prevalence QSC RMX amps, any competent repair shop should be able to diagnose and repair the unit without much struggle.  Alternatively, you can always pull the amp off and try to do this yourself.  Hope this helps!
I am almost sure that the HPR and KW Amos are dimensionally the same.

Look on eBay and find the KW replacement amp with the powercons.  They work great we have been super happy. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

John M. Roll

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 03:59:37 PM »

Thanks
John
Anybody have any experience with Lase amps?

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024, 05:18:42 PM »

Thanks
John

You may have done so already but make sure the speaker is ok before sourcing a replacement amp. Most amps are fairly well protected but check to see that the speaker didn't short and take the amp out with it first. Worth a quick look.

Douglas R. Allen

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024, 05:18:42 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.