ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone have experience with the new-ish Audio Technica ATW-3255 IEM system  (Read 528 times)

Jay Marr

Sorry, I'm back on this topic again.

Based on the feedback from you fine folks, I picked up a Sennheiser G3 system for cheap money and really like it.  But I need a second system for travel (within the next month)

The Audio Tech system seems to have 2 really cool features:
 - Frequency Range 470-608
 - Ability to see Scan results on the transmitter, so you can visually see where the most open frequencies are (could help when picking frequencies on other devices)

BUT - I'm curious if the receiver pack is durable.  Seems to be mostly plastic.
Sennheiser and Shure seem to be the most common/accepted systems - so Sennheiser may be the safest bet (although it seems the G4 is going to be outdated in a year or so)

Other options on the table:
 - Sennheiser G4 (happy with all my Senny products, but is most expensive for most narrow frequency range)
 - MiPro MI909 - seems to tick all the boxes, but with MiPro not being a widely used branch in the US, I have no idea what support would be like if I had an issue.

Any comparison anyone has done between these products would be appreciated.
Keeping in mind - I'm not buying for inventory to be rented or used by others.  This is just for me, so this is more of a - What would you buy/use? question.

Thanks for indulging.

doug johnson2

I have never been overly impressed by the AT IEM systems, they have just never sounded that good to me.  I don't have any experience with the MiPro IEM systems but I have sold more than a few of the microphone wireless systems going back to when they were OEM wirelesses for Beyer. They have always been rock solid and I have never had an issue with tech support.  As far as repairs, I have never need to have one repaired.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound

I have had very good feedback from my customers that purchased the Mipro 5801/58T digital IEM system.  I have compared it with my Sennheiser G3's.  The Mipro seems a little quieter and more "defined".  Great price, but no antenna combining system available is a downside.
I have no experience with the AT system.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

Another Minority fan we are also dealers for them.  We have IEM’s in our rental inventory and they hold up just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jay Marr

Another Minority fan we are also dealers for them.  We have IEM’s in our rental inventory and they hold up just fine.

Hi Scott, did you mean MiPro?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

Hi Scott, did you mean MiPro?
Yes that would be the AI spellcheck.  Was in line at Lowe’s, sorry

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jay Marr

Yes that would be the AI spellcheck.  Was in line at Lowe’s, sorry

Appreciate your response.  Thank you.

Dan Whitney

I've been using the AT system for close to a year now with my band.   We use 2 transmitters and 4 receiver packs to receive 4 individual mono mixes.  It's been super reliable and I've been recommending it to anyone who asks about a wireless system.  That being said, I'm a novice and this is my first wireless system so I can't compare it to any other offerings.  I was ready to pull the trigger on the Mipro system until I came across the AT.   The full bandwidth sold me.  The pack seems durable to me but I do take care of my equipment.

I coalesce the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension.

Jay Marr

I've been using the AT system for close to a year now with my band.   We use 2 transmitters and 4 receiver packs to receive 4 individual mono mixes.  It's been super reliable and I've been recommending it to anyone who asks about a wireless system.  That being said, I'm a novice and this is my first wireless system so I can't compare it to any other offerings.  I was ready to pull the trigger on the Mipro system until I came across the AT.   The full bandwidth sold me.  The pack seems durable to me but I do take care of my equipment.

Thanks Dan.  Great to hear.

Dan Whitney

Thanks Dan.  Great to hear.

The scan results on the transmitter is pretty cool too but I just rely on the system to tell me which group and channels are available.  I need to study up on how to really use the scan results.  So far we've had zero drop outs, even with frequencies I thought would be occupied, but again I'm relying on the system to tell me if a channel is open. 
I coalesce the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Anyone have experience with the new-ish Audio Technica ATW-3255 IEM system
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2024, 10:08:16 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.