ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody have a Flow 8  (Read 1173 times)

scottstephens

Anybody have a Flow 8
« on: March 28, 2024, 10:00:44 AM »

Hey guys.

Do any of you have one of these? What do you think of it? Pros? Cons?  A friend of mine says that it has some "weird" fader issues.  My Sweetwater guy was not a lot of help. He just said that it had some "kinks" that needed to be worked out. 

Thanks.
Scott

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
Re: Anybody have a Flow 8
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 10:16:40 AM »

Hey guys.

Do any of you have one of these? What do you think of it? Pros? Cons?  A friend of mine says that it has some "weird" fader issues.  My Sweetwater guy was not a lot of help. He just said that it had some "kinks" that needed to be worked out. 

Thanks.
Scott

I've got one. No such issues. Works great for "break-out rooms" - especially ones that may not be staffed 100% of the time.

Once set via the bluetooth app, simple fader control for more/less volume gets the job done. The more dangerous settings remain beyond the reach of untrained (un-bluetoothed) hands.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 12:40:23 PM »

Hey guys.

Thanks.
Scott
I have one sitting next to the keyboard I'm typing on.  It's my USB mixer/interface for Zoom and Teams (yuck).  What weirdness are folks talking about?  Other than lacking some flexibility in the feature set, I've not observed it doing anything it shouldn't, nor failing to do anything it should.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 01:51:23 PM »

I've got one. No such issues. Works great for "break-out rooms" - especially ones that may not be staffed 100% of the time.

Once set via the bluetooth app, simple fader control for more/less volume gets the job done. The more dangerous settings remain beyond the reach of untrained (un-bluetoothed) hands.

Dave

+1 
Though one of my Ipads doesn't like to connect to BT
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tracy Garner

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 03:28:15 PM »

I use one for livestreaming. It stays powered on 24/7 and has been reliable. Every couple months, I cannot connect via BT but the unit will continue to pass audio and the faders respond. I simply reboot and pair BT again. I dont know if its my iPhone's problem or the Flow. I wouldnt even call is a nuisance. My X32 rack directly connected to ethernet has actually been more troublesome losing connection.

John Bosco

• Haddam, CT - USA
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 03:47:50 PM »

Hey guys.

Thanks.
Scott

I have one, it's a nice utility mixer. I think the largest complaint is the USB connector for the power supply. The only fader "issue" I can think of happens when used with the app, these are not motorized faders, so when you adjust the fader in the app it does not change the fader on the unit, it takes a bit getting use to.
"All I want is a good sandwich. You see this sandwhich here? This tuna sandwhich? That's all I want, a good sandwich." - John  Gotti

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 07:23:01 PM »

Hey guys.

Thanks.
Scott
Been installing them in small bar systems.  Best bang for the buck in small utility mixers but unlike similar priced analog models provides much more comprehensive EQ along with dynamics -which no other install "mixer" type product provides yet is probably the one most needed thing in unattended installations.
Does what it says it does and seems to be holding the settings fine on even my oldest installed unit.
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

John Schalk

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2024, 09:12:12 AM »

Hey guys.

I bought one from Sweetwater, used it for one talking head gig, and returned it.  The main reason for returning is that I learned that Bluetooth connectivity is not as immediate nor as stable as the WiFi control that we have all become used to for our digital mixers.  I was in a 100' x 100' convention space and, when I walked to the edge of the audience area to check on how the volume was at that location, I walked out of the range of the mixer.  This isn't really a flaw in the mixer, rather it was more like me learning that my requirements were beyond the capabilities of Bluetooth remote control.  There was also a lag in the response when making a change via Bluetooth.

Regarding the faders, the mixer has 60mm faders and I had some trouble making fine adjustments with them.  A little fader movement got me more change than I wanted.   The mixer is compact and does have good Eq and Compression via the app, which is what attracted me to it in the first place.  But ultimately, for my use cases, I think I'd be better served with something like an MR18 and a WiFi rig.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2024, 10:52:16 AM »

I bought one from Sweetwater, used it for one talking head gig, and returned it.  The main reason for returning is that I learned that Bluetooth connectivity is not as immediate nor as stable as the WiFi control that we have all become used to for our digital mixers.  I was in a 100' x 100' convention space and, when I walked to the edge of the audience area to check on how the volume was at that location, I walked out of the range of the mixer.  This isn't really a flaw in the mixer, rather it was more like me learning that my requirements were beyond the capabilities of Bluetooth remote control.  There was also a lag in the response when making a change via Bluetooth.

Regarding the faders, the mixer has 60mm faders and I had some trouble making fine adjustments with them.  A little fader movement got me more change than I wanted.   The mixer is compact and does have good Eq and Compression via the app, which is what attracted me to it in the first place.  But ultimately, for my use cases, I think I'd be better served with something like an MR18 and a WiFi rig.

Bluetooth has a specified range of around 4-5 meters (the "high power" BT flavor is maybe 10-15 meters but that's not what Behringer used).  Within that distance I've experienced none of the issues you've had.  I also have not found the 60mm faders to be any less precise than other 60mm faders.  Perhaps there was additional interference in your location.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2024, 02:35:25 PM »

I’ve eyed them, but haven’t bought one.

The Yamaha AG06mk2 has also interested me in a similar vein.
--Airport Circle Sound Reinforcement, LLC--

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2024, 02:35:25 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.