ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LED lamp replacement for PAR38 Cans  (Read 553 times)

Orrin Charm

LED lamp replacement for PAR38 Cans
« on: March 27, 2024, 06:40:36 PM »

Hello!  I have about 20 PAR38 cans with 100W incandescent lamps on DMX dimmers in a club as main lights on performers, along with an assortment of LED fixtures.  The LED's are mainly used as backlight, side light, effects, etc.

I'd like to replace the incandescent lamps with white dimmable LED lamps for many reasons, but I like the look of incandescent light, with gels, on faces better than the saturated colors of RGBW lights, and we already have them installed!

I'm looking for suggestions on specific lamps that would perform best in this application- what effect color temperature, CRI, etc. have if you're using conventional gels (mostly pale pink, blue, purple, straw, etc.).

I just want to replace the lamps, not the entire fixtures . . .

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 09:49:09 PM »

Hello!  I have about 20 PAR38 cans

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Mike Monte

• My website
Re: LED lamp replacement for PAR38 Cans
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 08:11:02 AM »

Hello!  I have about 20 PAR38 cans with 100W incandescent lamps on DMX dimmers in a club as main lights on performers, along with an assortment of LED fixtures.  The LED's are mainly used as backlight, side light, effects, etc.

I'd like to replace the incandescent lamps with white dimmable LED lamps for many reasons, but I like the look of incandescent light, with gels, on faces better than the saturated colors of RGBW lights, and we already have them installed!

I'm looking for suggestions on specific lamps that would perform best in this application- what effect color temperature, CRI, etc. have if you're using conventional gels (mostly pale pink, blue, purple, straw, etc.).

I just want to replace the lamps, not the entire fixtures . . .

In my par38 light-rig I replaced the 90w halogen bulbs with:
Cree 150w Par38 40 degree Flood
Bright white

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 04:51:38 PM »

Stick with brand name LED lamps and make certain they are dimmable.  Some of the product coming from China will not dim correctly and can cause RF interference with audio gear.  Some dimmers don't like LED lamps at all.  The problem can sometimes be solved by putting at least one incandescent lamp in the dimmer circuit.  I have a HOW client that has an incandescent lamp hidden in a closet so they can dim their LED lamps on a very well-known brand of professional dimmer.  Strange but true!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 04:51:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 25 queries.