ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: amp patch panel and power options  (Read 1890 times)

Rolando Saenz

Re: amp patch panel and power options
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2024, 01:06:38 AM »

Finally remembered to take a picture.

-Russ

Edited to add: the screws I'm using in place of the Neutrik-provided ones are #4-3/4" self-tapping screws sold in my local big-box hardware store as "wood/metal screws".
Nice

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2024, 03:00:28 PM »

Finally remembered to take a picture.

-Russ

Edited to add: the screws I'm using in place of the Neutrik-provided ones are #4-3/4" self-tapping screws sold in my local big-box hardware store as "wood/metal screws".

Thanks for the idea Russ!
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2024, 04:51:16 AM »

Thanks for the idea Russ!

You're welcome! I'm not sure if this was actually an original idea or not (I have a vague recollection of seeing one of the Broadway sound shops do something similar with stek panels), but I've been quite happy with the result. Being able to use only listed components and not having to worry about needing some kind of enclosure are both wins in my books, even if the price is a bit higher.

Lately I've been adapting from PowerCON to IEC C13/C14 once inside the rack, particularly for smaller racks where I don't want to use a traditional power distro. Listed IEC splitters rated for 250V/15A are easy to find and inexpensive, and a bit of of e-tape is enough for me not to worry that they'll come apart in transit. The rack that the pictured panel went into is a 6U fly-rack with three PowerCON "throughs", an X32 Rack, a Sennheiser IEM combiner+TXs, and a network switch all being powered off of IEC splits of one description or another. The splits I went with ended up being bulky enough that they take up most of the lowest rack space on their own, but using them instead of a distro allowed for signal-level connectors and power connectors to share the same front panel while also saving several pounds of unnecessary weight.

-Russ

Mark Oakley

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2024, 09:44:47 AM »

Here's a picture of the back of my EV Deltamax 1122 rack:

https://ibb.co/vjzNcTY

All my amp racks look like this: XLR In, usually XLR pass-through, power In and Out and Speakon out, with a fan at the top to keep things cool. This rack contains a Crown MA 1202 for Hi's and 2402 for Mid's. Notice also the orange Electrical Safety inspection sticker on the left. If an Electrical Inspector is on site he'l see that and keep on walking.

-Mark
Oakley Audio

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2024, 11:28:13 AM »

Here's a picture of the back of my EV Deltamax 1122 rack:

https://ibb.co/vjzNcTY

All my amp racks look like this: XLR In, usually XLR pass-through, power In and Out and Speakon out, with a fan at the top to keep things cool. This rack contains a Crown MA 1202 for Hi's and 2402 for Mid's. Notice also the orange Electrical Safety inspection sticker on the left. If an Electrical Inspector is on site he'l see that and keep on walking.

-Mark

DeltaMax?  OY VEY.  I thought my local PAC had the last DeltaMax on earth installed in its auditoriums.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mark Oakley

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2024, 03:26:11 PM »

DeltaMax?  OY VEY.  I thought my local PAC had the last DeltaMax on earth installed in its auditoriums.

I own six, and use them for all my small format needs: weddings, park shows, etc. Their sound is super clear and they'll blow away any plastic powered box.

-Mark
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 03:30:38 PM by Mark Oakley »
Oakley Audio

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2024, 08:18:10 PM »

I own six, and use them for all my small format needs: weddings, park shows, etc. Their sound is super clear and they'll blow away any plastic powered box.

-Mark
Indeed they will.  The rig in our concert Hall gets stupid loud. Not sure I'd pick this design amongst more contemporary packages, but over 30 years later it still does the job. And in portable use they build fine hernias 12 ways.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2024, 08:18:10 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.