ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL Scene/ Help with focus recall and safe please  (Read 875 times)

Clement Gerri

Yamaha CL Scene/ Help with focus recall and safe please
« on: March 22, 2024, 03:10:32 AM »

Hello everybody, I'm Clement, a monitor guy and i need help with CL scene, please.
Is there a way to recall a send level of a specific channel in a specific mix when switching between scenes ? I use to recall only "Mute" in my different scene for a show (1 scene = 1 song), and and sometimes a few send levels in a specific mix. I tried with recall focus or recall safe but i can't find how to do this for a specific mix. It's ok for all send in all mixes . For example, i just want to recall in differents scenes : the send level of the snare top (channel 3) in the drummer'mixes ( mix 1/2), nothing more. Do you know a tricks please ? (sorry if you have already broached the subject, I couldn't find it).

Best regards

Clément

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 08:19:18 AM »

Hello everybody, I'm Clement, a monitor guy and i need help with CL scene, please.
Is there a way to recall a send level of a specific channel in a specific mix when switching between scenes ? I use to recall only "Mute" in my different scene for a show (1 scene = 1 song), and and sometimes a few send levels in a specific mix. I tried with recall focus or recall safe but i can't find how to do this for a specific mix. It's ok for all send in all mixes . For example, i just want to recall in differents scenes : the send level of the snare top (channel 3) in the drummer'mixes ( mix 1/2), nothing more. Do you know a tricks please ? (sorry if you have already broached the subject, I couldn't find it).

Best regards

Clément

Please go to your profile and change your displayed name to your real first and last name as required by thr posting rules.

Mac
admin

Clement Gerri

Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 02:49:49 PM »

Please go to your profile and change your displayed name to your real first and last name as required by thr posting rules.

Mac
admin

It's done, thanks

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: Yamaha CL Scene/ Help with focus recall and safe please
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 03:12:09 PM »

Not easily, but you might be able to get close. As you've discovered, there's no way to limit a scene's focus recall to a single mix node, but you can use a combination of (scene-based) focus recall and (global) recall safes to achieve a similar effect. In a nutshell, the console allows you focus recall each individual mix's levels using the "With Send" option in the Output Focus Parameters, but recalling input send levels from an output's focus is still overridden by the Input Safe Parameter's "Mix Send" option. So, for your example, you could recall safe the Mix Sends on every channel except channel 3, and then create a scene with a focus recall of everything turned off except "With Send" on mix 1/2, and this end result is that recalling this scene would only adjust the level of channel 3 in mix 1/2 (and nothing else). Of course, because recall safes are global, this may not end up actually covering your entire use-case (since you couldn't, for example, adjust only channel 4 into mix 3/4 in the next scene), but it might at least get the ball rolling.

-Russ

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2024, 09:00:03 PM »

Best regards

Clément
Forgive me for the oversimplification, but if it's just one move, wouldn't it be just as easy to simply change the mix send on the snare channel manually?
You could "Y" the snare top channel into another channel whose mix 1/2 would be post fade and have that channel sent to the drummers ears only. Then your recall focused fader move would manipulate the mix as well, just don't assign it to anything else.
You could record a midi-macro on a streamdeck with companion software. That would do what you wanted it to do, and it would not affect any other parameters in your scene.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 09:02:30 PM by boburtz »

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 04:44:28 PM »

You could record a midi-macro on a streamdeck with companion software. That would do what you wanted it to do, and it would not affect any other parameters in your scene.
I was going to suggest that this would be a good job for Companion. If you need help getting it configured, let me know at my site.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2024, 07:08:30 PM »

I was going to suggest that this would be a good job for Companion. If you need help getting it configured, let me know at my site.

...honestly, this is probably what I'd actually do, but I figured I'd start off "inside the box".

-Russ

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2024, 08:20:57 PM »

...honestly, this is probably what I'd actually do, but I figured I'd start off "inside the box".

-Russ
Fair. I've always been more of an "out of the box" guy myself.. :-)
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Clement Gerri

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2024, 06:24:49 AM »

Not easily, but you might be able to get close. As you've discovered, there's no way to limit a scene's focus recall to a single mix node, but you can use a combination of (scene-based) focus recall and (global) recall safes to achieve a similar effect. In a nutshell, the console allows you focus recall each individual mix's levels using the "With Send" option in the Output Focus Parameters, but recalling input send levels from an output's focus is still overridden by the Input Safe Parameter's "Mix Send" option. So, for your example, you could recall safe the Mix Sends on every channel except channel 3, and then create a scene with a focus recall of everything turned off except "With Send" on mix 1/2, and this end result is that recalling this scene would only adjust the level of channel 3 in mix 1/2 (and nothing else). Of course, because recall safes are global, this may not end up actually covering your entire use-case (since you couldn't, for example, adjust only channel 4 into mix 3/4 in the next scene), but it might at least get the ball rolling.

-Russ

Thanks very much Russ for your good advice. I actually do the opposite (focus for input, safe for output), but your option is more easier. That works for one channel in one mix, but it becomes really tricky from the moment you have to do this for several channel in different mixes (buses).  Or i misunderstood something ?

Clement Gerri

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2024, 06:28:30 AM »

Forgive me for the oversimplification, but if it's just one move, wouldn't it be just as easy to simply change the mix send on the snare channel manually?
You could "Y" the snare top channel into another channel whose mix 1/2 would be post fade and have that channel sent to the drummers ears only. Then your recall focused fader move would manipulate the mix as well, just don't assign it to anything else.

Thanks good advice. Indeed that's what i do sometimes but thats works for few channels. For this project, the 72 channels of CL5 are full.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2024, 06:28:30 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.