ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Powersoft T602 - one channel not powering on.  (Read 1039 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Powersoft T602 - one channel not powering on.
« on: March 17, 2024, 10:41:50 AM »

I use Powersoft T602's with my Danley system- TH118 & SM80.
This system hasn't had to use I thought I'd get out of it BUT I do enjoy using it when I can. I tend to use my smaller systems for local clubs and bars. I have absolutely 'cradled' this system and it has only been used by me.
Anyway..... so the last time I used it before yesterday, was the end of last Summer at a larger venue. When I powered on one of the T602 amps, one side was not metering. So I rebooted and it came back to life. I didnt give it a second thought because in my experience, anything that has a computer chip can be quirky at times - this had never happened before.
I used it again yesterday at an outdoor St. Paddys day show and then same thing happened except this time I couldnt get it to work after 2 reboots. So I simply ran the system mono connecting the 2 SM80's.
I did read online that this is perhaps a known issue but couldnt find the solution (if there is one). I am going to update the firmware and see if that helps.
I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: Powersoft T602 - one channel not powering on.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 11:15:20 AM »

I've ran across one that had a similar issue, Powersoft took it back and serviced it under warranty.
IIRC they replaced the PSU and a couple of other parts.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 11:32:33 AM »

I've ran across one that had a similar issue, Powersoft took it back and serviced it under warranty.
IIRC they replaced the PSU and a couple of other parts.

mmm..... well that sucks. I did register the product and the warranty should have been extended to 5 years so hopefully they will honor it for me.....Maybe I should have got the Danley amp in the first place..
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Rick Powell

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 10:16:59 PM »

Maybe I should have got the Danley amp in the first place..
We got the Danley 20k4 amp, but still carry a spare pair of ITechs in the trailer just in case. Haven't had to use them yet, it has performed beautifully.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 11:30:28 PM »

There are rare reports of the DNAs having problems as well.  Anything can break.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 11:06:05 PM »

Well....

I pulled the trigger on a Danley DNA20k4.......I'm excited and anxious to use it with the speakers.
However, update on the Powersoft amp.
This morning I tested the troublesome amp here at the house and had the same problem on the one channel (the one that powers the SM80) that I had at the show.
So I connected up my laptop to both amps and started looking over the settings in Armonia. It had been quite some time since I'd done this so it took a while to familiarize myself with everything again.
I noticed that on the SM80 side, a few of the levels in limiting were way off from where I had originally set them and there were anomalies in a couple of other parts of the software too - I was able to compare them to the unaffected amp settings.
I changed them back to where they should be and then I went ahead and updated the outdated firmware on both amps. I tested the 'bad' amp and Lo and Behold, it is working as it should!! YAY!!!
So, now I have too many amps. I plan to keep one Powersoft as my back up and sell the other one. I am relieved that the amp is fine and doesn't need repair but I do not regret my decision to purchase the Danley. This will give me the option to upgrade to 4 subs in the future OR rent 2 more for bigger shows.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 11:53:26 PM »

Great move! You will love the DNA amp.

Just set and forget.

No more worrying about tripping breakers or limiters being set correctly, etc etc.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024, 11:56:02 PM »

Well....

I pulled the trigger on a Danley DNA20k4.......I'm excited and anxious to use it with the speakers.
However, update on the Powersoft amp.
This morning I tested the troublesome amp here at the house and had the same problem on the one channel (the one that powers the SM80) that I had at the show.
So I connected up my laptop to both amps and started looking over the settings in Armonia. It had been quite some time since I'd done this so it took a while to familiarize myself with everything again.
I noticed that on the SM80 side, a few of the levels in limiting were way off from where I had originally set them and there were anomalies in a couple of other parts of the software too - I was able to compare them to the unaffected amp settings.
I changed them back to where they should be and then I went ahead and updated the outdated firmware on both amps. I tested the 'bad' amp and Lo and Behold, it is working as it should!! YAY!!!
So, now I have too many amps. I plan to keep one Powersoft as my back up and sell the other one. I am relieved that the amp is fine and doesn't need repair but I do not regret my decision to purchase the Danley. This will give me the option to upgrade to 4 subs in the future OR rent 2 more for bigger shows.

With the DNA 20K4 amp, you can easily run two TH118's per channel.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 09:15:56 AM »

Now I have to work out a selling price for one of the Powersoft amps - I hate pricing gear to sell... Looks like they are $3500 - $3700 new now....WOW!

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2024, 09:39:39 AM »

Now I have to work out a selling price for one of the Powersoft amps - I hate pricing gear to sell... Looks like they are $3500 - $3700 new now....WOW!
Glad to see the T602 was easily "fixed"!  Kudos on the DNA20k4!  That's a hell of an amp...  Thanks for the update.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2024, 09:39:39 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.