ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lab Gruppen fp6400 conversion help  (Read 1334 times)

Kelso Kline

Lab Gruppen fp6400 conversion help
« on: March 05, 2024, 08:19:35 PM »

I recently acquired a couple of fp6400 amplifiers. The Oddity is that these are labeled on the back as the 115 volt version, but there is a piece of Gaff tape with 230v written on it. They all have the 30A locking connectors on them. When I connected one to 30A to 20a plug adapter and plugged it in, it Powers on, but the fuse protection light is on. Could these have been modified to 230v? How can I tell? Additionally, if I do plug it into a 230v line, could I cause serious damage or would the fuse protection activate?

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
Re: Lab Gruppen fp6400 conversion help
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 08:50:56 PM »

Just a heads up: Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums
This space for rent

Kelso Kline

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 09:29:31 PM »

Just a heads up: Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums

All good now!

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 11:35:36 AM »

I don't know much about that amplifier, but the link below discuss some things you might look for to see if it has been converted.  Hopefully, you didn't but the actual amp being discussed!

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=1724.0
This space for rent

Kelso Kline

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 11:55:50 AM »

I don't know much about that amplifier, but the link below discuss some things you might look for to see if it has been converted.  Hopefully, you didn't but the actual amp being discussed!

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=1724.0

It's doubtful since there are 4 in total, but without sending it to a service center, I hope the link to the thread has some valuable information. Thank you!

Anyone have in depth experience with these Lamborghini powered Volvos?

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 03:29:37 PM »

I recently acquired a couple of fp6400 amplifiers. The Oddity is that these are labeled on the back as the 115 volt version, but there is a piece of Gaff tape with 230v written on it. They all have the 30A locking connectors on them. When I connected one to 30A to 20a plug adapter and plugged it in, it Powers on, but the fuse protection light is on. Could these have been modified to 230v? How can I tell? Additionally, if I do plug it into a 230v line, could I cause serious damage or would the fuse protection activate?

Do NOT plug it into 230V unless you are absolutely sure it's the correct model.  We did that once (mislabeled amp) and created an immediate smoke machine. 

They're good amps still, not my first choice for subwoofer duty.  The lack of universal voltage was one of the small reasons why we switched (to Powersoft and then Linea).
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Kelso Kline

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2024, 03:44:09 PM »

Do NOT plug it into 230V unless you are absolutely sure it's the correct model.  We did that once (mislabeled amp) and created an immediate smoke machine. 

They're good amps still, not my first choice for subwoofer duty.  The lack of universal voltage was one of the small reasons why we switched (to Powersoft and then Linea).
This is my concern as well! I've taken some internal pictures, but I don't see any jumpers, nor do I see any sloppy soldering work to give the indication that it has been worked on. My goal is to confirm that these are usable, then have them serviced. Being that there's only five service centers in the US, and every one of them is over 500 miles away from me, I'd like to know that these are operational beforehand.

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2024, 07:24:59 PM »

Caleb, I thought those amps had over voltage shut down on them?  Kelso, can you share the pictures you took?
This space for rent

Kelso Kline

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2024, 08:26:52 PM »

Caleb, I thought those amps had over voltage shut down on them?  Kelso, can you share the pictures you took?
Sure!

Lab Gruppen fp6400 amplifier https://imgur.com/gallery/dTbX5gu

https://imgur.com/gallery/YVFAQqw
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 08:50:41 PM by Kelso Kline »

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2024, 10:01:50 PM »

Sure!

Lab Gruppen fp6400 amplifier https://imgur.com/gallery/dTbX5gu

https://imgur.com/gallery/YVFAQqw

That link doesnt work, do you have the permissions set right? 

If you don't want to deal with these amps and would rather get something with autovoltage I will take them off your hands. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2024, 10:01:50 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.