Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OBS  (Read 656 times)

Al Rettich

OBS
« on: March 02, 2024, 07:03:00 AM »

Looking to record program coming out of a ATEM SDI Extreme ISO switcher.  Yes, I know it has USB C to record that, but we’re hoping to record ISO, and someone suggested that I can use OBS to record the program.  Not familiar with the program to make this work.  Will say that our Mac and ATEM are on a hardwired switch together.  TIA.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: OBS
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 02:42:57 PM »

Looking to record program coming out of a ATEM SDI Extreme ISO switcher.  Yes, I know it has USB C to record that, but we’re hoping to record ISO, and someone suggested that I can use OBS to record the program.  Not familiar with the program to make this work.  Will say that our Mac and ATEM are on a hardwired switch together.  TIA.
The ATEM will record the switched show, the audio AND the ISO feeds all in 1080 to the SSD.  You just need to enable the ISO recording in the control app.
Look on YT for Aaron Parecki or Photo Joseph for tutorials.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 05:25:00 PM by Dave Garoutte »
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tracy Garner

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 03:45:21 PM »

OBS Source Record isn't that stable. OBS regular Program Record is great.
If you use ISO Recording from the ATEM, I recommend saving to a data drive and not a drive that shares operating system duties.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 08:52:07 AM »

The whole purpose of the ISO model was to do exactly what you describe.  Follow the directions and it should just work.  Use a separate drive to record to, as Tracy G suggests.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 08:52:07 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 24 queries.