ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Needed: SRX815p Turns Off Every Minute at High Volume - Limiter Issue?  (Read 565 times)

Samir Zavlan

Can anyone help me out? I have an 2 speakers SRX815p, and when one of them is running at high volume, it turns off every minute for about 5-6 seconds. It's as if some limiter is turning off the speaker. But that's not normal because the other speaker works fine. And if there is a limiter, it turns off the sound too early. Any help is appreciated.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth

Beyond the obvious, checking for airflow obstructions or dust inside - carefully blow it out with a can of air or air hose.

Contact JBL technical support or your dealer if they are nearby and an authorized JBL service center.

Samir Zavlan

Thank you very much for your response. I would like o clarify that i can hear something "click" inside the speaker. Sounds like some kind of relay. Would that make this situation more clear to understand what's going on?

Steve-White

• Fort Worth

Thank you very much for your response. I would like o clarify that i can hear something "click" inside the speaker. Sounds like some kind of relay. Would that make this situation more clear to understand what's going on?

There is a 99.44% or higher probability that the problem is something you cannot diagnose or resolve.

Recommend you contact JBL Technical Support.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics

When you say 'high volume' how high are you at?  It's possible that you are driving to the limits of the speaker and it's shutting down.  The other one might not be because the level is just SLIGHTLY lower.  Because of the nature of audio, the power needed for just a little more volume can be significant even if you can't hear the difference.

Double check that the settings on the speakers are identical. Gain, eq, processing, etc.  Make sure you're sending them the same signal, with the same EQ settings.  Even though the speakers have built in processing, it's not a horrible idea to run them through a high pass filter to keep low frequencies out of the boxes that you might not need anyway.

The other thing to look at is the power source to the speakers.  Is the one that's shutting down on a longer extension cord? Longer extension cords cause voltage drop and that too will trigger a shutdown.

Before sending it in for service, make sure you install the lastest firmware updates on the machines and do a factory reset of the settings.  The internal EQ may have been adjusted on one of the speakers which would clearly make it go into protect sooner.
Brian Jojade

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.