ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pairing 2 Channels on SQ7  (Read 761 times)

johnwyte

Pairing 2 Channels on SQ7
« on: February 15, 2024, 03:51:19 PM »

We had some technicians come install our SQ7 sound board.  Two of the channels on our board are for our choir mics.  On the board, it seems as if they paired them together.  So if you move one fader the other one moves with it identically.  They are linked.  So basically, they are identical copies of each other.  How do I undo this so that they can function independently?

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
Re: Pairing 2 Channels on SQ7
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 05:25:59 PM »

Page 70 in the manual:

12.2 Input/Mix Stereo Assign
To use channels as stereo channels throughout the mixer, they must first be switched into stereo mode.
In the ‘Setup’ screen, touch the ‘Mixer Config’ tab, then touch either ‘Input Stereo’ or ‘Mix Stereo’.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 08:44:44 PM »

We had some technicians come install our SQ7 sound board.  Two of the channels on our board are for our choir mics.  On the board, it seems as if they paired them together.  So if you move one fader the other one moves with it identically.  They are linked.  So basically, they are identical copies of each other.  How do I undo this so that they can function independently?

Welcome to the community.  This is a community of audio professionals and we endeavor to answer questions however we are not a substitute for tech support or reading the manual.

Your message starts off with your question, expecting that's what we are here for.  I try to point out egregious examples of this concept as it's my pet peeve.

We have to much to give here, slow down and participate.  Lots more to gain here than just tech support, you can become a better tech.

Understanding why those channels are linked would be a good start.  Do you have a mono or a stereo main mix?  What about IEM's?  Any in stereo?

When the answer to your question is in the manual well a little effort goes a long way my friend.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

johnwyte

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 12:57:29 AM »

Understand. I will do better going forward. We currently run in mono. No iems.

Welcome to the community.  This is a community of audio professionals and we endeavor to answer questions however we are not a substitute for tech support or reading the manual.

Your message starts off with your question, expecting that's what we are here for.  I try to point out egregious examples of this concept as it's my pet peeve.

We have to much to give here, slow down and participate.  Lots more to gain here than just tech support, you can become a better tech.

Understanding why those channels are linked would be a good start.  Do you have a mono or a stereo main mix?  What about IEM's?  Any in stereo?

When the answer to your question is in the manual well a little effort goes a long way my friend.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 07:43:00 AM »

Keep in mind on the SQ there is stereo channel pairing and channel ganging.
Stereo pairing has options as to how many of the channel functions are paired together, channel ganging just locks the channel faders together.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 01:30:41 PM »

Obviously there are a multitude of scenarios-but running an SQ7 (and SQ5) myself and in the interest of becoming a better tech-why would I gang or pair channels?  I have used multiple outputs before-but usually just assign a single to channel to multiple outputs.
Steve Swaffer

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 01:30:41 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.