ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas M32 Major Malfunction  (Read 788 times)

Randall Woolsey

Midas M32 Major Malfunction
« on: January 29, 2024, 10:49:30 AM »

Hello,

Yesterday, an hour before our first service and during sound check, our Midas M32 had a major malfunction. A loud and ear piercing shrill came through all of the teams IEM's and we had channels on the console switch what was going to them For example - vocal mic #2 suddenly showed up on the fader controls for Overhead drum mic L. Another channel for the floor tom mic suddenly switched to being controlled on the channel for our wireless headset mic for our pastor. It is like something happened to that saved scene that we always use for our main services. We tried a bunch of different stuff, but ended up switching to another scene and resaving all of the settings. It seemed to work, but we still experienced a few more "glitches" as the service went on later. Has anyone ever even seen or heard anything like that happening? Thank you.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Midas M32 Major Malfunction
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 11:36:09 AM »

Hello,

Yesterday, an hour before our first service and during sound check, our Midas M32 had a major malfunction. A loud and ear piercing shrill came through all of the teams IEM's and we had channels on the console switch what was going to them For example - vocal mic #2 suddenly showed up on the fader controls for Overhead drum mic L. Another channel for the floor tom mic suddenly switched to being controlled on the channel for our wireless headset mic for our pastor. It is like something happened to that saved scene that we always use for our main services. We tried a bunch of different stuff, but ended up switching to another scene and resaving all of the settings. It seemed to work, but we still experienced a few more "glitches" as the service went on later. Has anyone ever even seen or heard anything like that happening? Thank you.

You may have not noticed this on top of every page :

" Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums "[/size][/font]
[/size][size=0px]Perhaps you thought you were exempt, you are not.  In order to access the experts on this forum this simple rule must be complied with.  [/size]
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Randall Woolsey

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 11:46:08 AM »

You may have not noticed this on top of every page :

" Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums "[/size][/font]
[/size][size=0px]Perhaps you thought you were exempt, you are not.  In order to access the experts on this forum this simple rule must be complied with.  [/size]

Thank you, Scott Holtzman. I actually did not see that, but I have since corrected it. Thank you for letting me know that, because I really do need some help trying to figure this out. I do not think I am exempt from any guidelines. Simply an oversight.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 06:08:03 PM »

First thing I'd do is reinitialize the console and make sure the firmware is up to date.

It sounds like you've got several scenes set up.  Do you have these saved to external drives?  If somehow a scene got corrupted, re-loading from an external drive should be relatively simple.

As far as what caused this, well, it could be a glitch OR it could be someone on your network mucking with stuff.  Is this device on a SECURE network?

I've gotten into SO many audio networks that I shouldn't have had access to.  Someone that wants to do bad things in those cases certainly could.
Brian Jojade

Randall Woolsey

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2024, 10:22:04 AM »

First thing I'd do is reinitialize the console and make sure the firmware is up to date.

It sounds like you've got several scenes set up.  Do you have these saved to external drives?  If somehow a scene got corrupted, re-loading from an external drive should be relatively simple.

As far as what caused this, well, it could be a glitch OR it could be someone on your network mucking with stuff.  Is this device on a SECURE network?

I've gotten into SO many audio networks that I shouldn't have had access to.  Someone that wants to do bad things in those cases certainly could.

Thank you, Brian, for the response. We definitely have several scenes set up and thankfully we do have them all saved to an external drive. I think the last backup / save was December 31, 2023 and everything was good then. We will take your advice and reinitialize the console and reload those saved settings. As far as the secure network - I am 100% unsure. I will look into that and correct it if needed. Thank you again for the suggestions. I'll get to work on those today.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2024, 10:22:04 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 25 queries.