ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: New Stage Plot tool for creating stage plans  (Read 6388 times)

Carlos Lasuen

New Stage Plot tool for creating stage plans
« on: January 26, 2024, 07:44:26 AM »

Hello, I'm working on this new online tool to create technical riders and I want to buy it with you to see what you think. It allows you to create stage plans, channel listings and soon also lighting.
At the moment it is in beta phase but it is already fully functional.
Its basic use is free. You can generate unlimited PDFs and store 1 rider in your account to edit it later.
It is adapted to mobile phones so that it is also useful outside the home.

https://ridermaker.com

I hope you like it!

Jonathan Hole

• Sound Resume
Re: New Stage Plot tool for creating stage plans
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 09:00:34 AM »

Hello, I'm working on this new online tool to create technical riders and I want to buy it with you to see what you think. It allows you to create stage plans, channel listings and soon also lighting.
Its basic use is free. You can generate unlimited PDFs and store 1 rider in your account to edit it later.

I hope you like it!

I took a quick run at a stage plot for a band I mix for often and you are really really close with this and I like the interface and usability.  Here are my thoughts based on that quick test.

Must have for me:
Need the ability to add text on the stage plot, that was the main limitation for me.
Could use a laptop graphic as this band uses click and backing tracks, or perhaps also a Motu / Interface graphic
Area to add band information such as contact info - could be the text on stage plot or a block below the channel list

Nice to have:
How about a Keytar under keyboards - one of my bands is 80's cover band :)
Ability to import band logo
Pedal board graphic under guitars or amps section (this band uses Neural and ToneMaster Pro modeling pedal boards)

This is really close in my opinion and you have done a great job so far...keep us updated!

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 10:57:10 AM »

After a very quick look, I noticed the red PDF bar overwrote the "My Riders" block.

Mac Big Sur 11.7
Safari Browser v16.0 (am I surprised?)

Looks like it definitely has possibilities.

Checking in Chrome and Brave Browsers, the display is correct.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 11:12:07 AM »

I hope you like it!

Please go to your profile and change your displayed name to your real full name as required by the posting rules.

Mac
admin

Carlos Lasuen

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2024, 03:34:59 AM »

Hi Jonathan, thanks for your suggestions. I will answer you about them:

1. Ability to add text:
We have this implementation planned in our roadmap and we will do it. We cannot tell you how long it will take because beforehand there are quite a few implementations that are more urgent and this one is more expensive to implement than others.

2. There is already a laptop that is in the "Other" category of the lighting elements group (you have to click on the light bulb). However, since you are already the third person who cannot find it, I understand that it is not in the right place. Let's change it to the "Audio" category within the instrument group and so it will be together with the DJ material...

3. The free text part that you say to add below the channel list (to add contact information, details...) was already planned in the initial version and we are already working on it. It will be ready in no time.

4. The pedalboards are pending to be added and we will evaluate whether to include a keytar as well (we must be a little selective in this so as not to load the application excessively).

5. The possibility of a logo is a good idea although it is an option that requires more development than others and also more hard disk load on the server if there are many users. We are going to write it down in our roadmap and we will evaluate it later.

Greetings!

I took a quick run at a stage plot for a band I mix for often and you are really really close with this and I like the interface and usability.  Here are my thoughts based on that quick test.

Must have for me:
Need the ability to add text on the stage plot, that was the main limitation for me.
Could use a laptop graphic as this band uses click and backing tracks, or perhaps also a Motu / Interface graphic
Area to add band information such as contact info - could be the text on stage plot or a block below the channel list

Nice to have:
How about a Keytar under keyboards - one of my bands is 80's cover band :)
Ability to import band logo
Pedal board graphic under guitars or amps section (this band uses Neural and ToneMaster Pro modeling pedal boards)

This is really close in my opinion and you have done a great job so far...keep us updated!

Carlos Lasuen

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2024, 03:42:15 AM »

Hello Frank, we do not have a system like yours and we cannot test it in that environment but I suspect that some of the CSS properties that are supported by other browsers are not supported by Safari Browser v16.0. If we manage to recreate that situation in our system, we can solve it.

Can you send us a screenshot, please?

Thank you so much!

After a very quick look, I noticed the red PDF bar overwrote the "My Riders" block.

Mac Big Sur 11.7
Safari Browser v16.0 (am I surprised?)

Looks like it definitely has possibilities.

Checking in Chrome and Brave Browsers, the display is correct.

Carlos Lasuen

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2024, 11:15:35 AM »

Hello Jonathan, the new functionality is now working that adds a free text field below the channel list to further customize the Stage Plot! Thanks

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2024, 12:35:53 PM »

Love this. Been sad since StagePlotPro disappeared. Much as it had many issues, it was my go-to for a long time.

Ok here we go, in no particular order...

• Need some additional icons: Subsnakes and Music stands
  • Need to be able to show a grid for lining things up
  • Need to be able to move items with keyboard to "nudge" things into place
  • Input list should be columns of 8 or 12, and more than 3 across. You should be able to do at least 4 x 12. 5 x 12 would be even better.
  • Each Input list ITEM needs 3 columns: Ch #, Name, Mic/Stand
  • Blank channels should still show on plot, not sure if there's a use-case for changing the channel numbers to be out of sequence?
  • Need a way to put the Ch #'s on the plot. The circled numbers are ok, but a better solution would be to drag/drop the channel detail from the input list to a location on the plot. I can detail what I mean if that doesn't make sense
  • Dragging has UI issues on Safari
I'll check it on Big Sur and see if I see the issue that Frank is describing.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2024, 12:47:34 PM »

I could recreate what Frank saw, but a little resizing and it fixes itself.
However, there's still a small bug where a blank column will appear on the left. This happens on Safari and Firefox, on both MacOS 11 and 14.

Screen capture (MacOS 11/Safari)
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/d2cdyzfcbhwrqpudgfezw/Resizing-1.mp4?rlkey=71dp8lx0rehgo63qnluud08nb&dl=0

You can see how the "pdf" button covers part of the titlebar, and then eventually disappears alltogether!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 07:05:47 PM by Andrew Broughton »
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Patrick Tracy

• Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2024, 02:06:53 PM »

Folk, country and Americana bands are going to want more instruments: banjo, mandolin, pedal steel. Jazz and Latin bands will want more percussion: congas, timbales, bongos, chimes, various hand percussion. And no cowbell?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2024, 02:06:53 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.