ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC Acoustic Design VS Acoustic Coverage speakers  (Read 1101 times)

Ben Carson_

• Ben Carson
QSC Acoustic Design VS Acoustic Coverage speakers
« on: January 15, 2024, 12:51:33 PM »

I have used QSC Acoustic Design Speakers a few times and love them.

However, they are too expensive for most restaurant / bar installs.

Any know if the QSC Acoustic Coverage range is comparable in sound quality? Are we mostly just paying more for AD series' aesthetics, better IP rating?

They are spec'd pretty similarly, but are drastically different in price; spec comparison:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/compare/QSC_AC-S6T_AcousticCoverage_Series_6.5_2-Way_30W_Loudspeaker_Pair%2C_Black_vs_QSC_AC-S6T_AcousticCoverage_Series_6.5_2-Way_30W_Loudspeaker_Pair%2C_White_vs_QSC_AD-S6T_AcousticDesign_Series_6.5_2-Way_150W_Surface-Mount_Loudspeaker_Pair%2C_White/BHitems/1124977-REG_1124978-REG_1064623-REG

Adam Kane

• Battle Creek, MI
Re: QSC Acoustic Design VS Acoustic Coverage speakers
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 08:54:16 AM »

I have used QSC Acoustic Design Speakers a few times and love them.

However, they are too expensive for most restaurant / bar installs.

Any know if the QSC Acoustic Coverage range is comparable in sound quality? Are we mostly just paying more for AD series' aesthetics, better IP rating?

They are spec'd pretty similarly, but are drastically different in price; spec comparison:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/compare/QSC_AC-S6T_AcousticCoverage_Series_6.5_2-Way_30W_Loudspeaker_Pair%2C_Black_vs_QSC_AC-S6T_AcousticCoverage_Series_6.5_2-Way_30W_Loudspeaker_Pair%2C_White_vs_QSC_AD-S6T_AcousticDesign_Series_6.5_2-Way_150W_Surface-Mount_Loudspeaker_Pair%2C_White/BHitems/1124977-REG_1124978-REG_1064623-REG

We use these often for retail, conference, hospitality, etc with good results. With a little EQ, they can sound pretty darn close to the AD series, albeit with less output. One thing to watch out for is they only come in white. So if you need black, you either have to spring for the AD or start painting.

Peter Kowalczyk

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 10:53:53 PM »

I've used Acoustic Design and Acoustic Coverage speakers on numerous installs over the span of several years now.  Some of the AD* speakers have been outdoors thru multiple winters in a snowy alpine climate and are still rocking.  Both series work great.  I generally quote the AD_xxx models, and then if the customer balks at the price I'll offer the AC versions.  The AD* models sound noticeably better, and are more robust mechanically.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 10:53:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.