ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 person vocal band  (Read 504 times)

mpd3244

5 person vocal band
« on: January 01, 2024, 10:58:44 PM »

Hi everyone...
Hoping for some advice.

I sing in a 5 person vocal/accoustic band. We are all vocalist and we sing very tight barbershop harmony along with instruments.
We have:
2 accoustic guitarists
1 bass player
1 banjo/mandoline player
1 Cajon player

We have a capable 5 channel tower speaker system. We bought a Yamaha MG16XU mixer to run all the instruments and vocals thru, and that runs to the tower. Our problem is that we never can seem to get the balance between vocals and instruments. Our monitor always experiences issues, and it's starting to create frustration in the ranks, as we set our own sound and rely on our bass player to make adjustments from the stage (I know thats not optimal, but it is what it is). I am hoping I can get some advice on how you'd set up and mix this configuration?

Currently, with us being unable to get it right, we are considering using our personal amps for the instruments, accoustics, bass, and banjo, and only using the tower for the vocals.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Martin Morris

Re: 5 person vocal band
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 11:21:27 PM »

Hoping for some advice.

Your real name is required on this forum as per the posting rules when you signed up ...

Martin
Dude told me to "go back to where I came from", so I set my tent up on his front lawn ... (unnamed Indian)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber