ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2024 Musician, Celebrity, and Industry RIPs  (Read 6872 times)

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
Re: 2024 Musician, Celebrity, and Industry RIPs
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2024, 12:33:54 AM »

It's reported that Mike Pinder of the Moody Blues passed away today.

Mark Phillips

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2024, 01:18:13 PM »

Actor Terry Carter passed away, he was a trailblazer and had a vast career. RIP.

https://people.com/terry-carter-battlestar-galactica-mccloud-actor-dead-at-95-8637911

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2024, 06:18:55 PM »

Duane Eddy, pioneering rock and roll guitarist, at 86.
https://www.npr.org/2024/05/01/1248565614/duane-eddy-rock-guitarist-obituary
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2024, 06:23:57 AM »

Richard Tandy, keyboardist for Electric Light Orchestra at 76.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2024, 03:54:02 PM »

From SynAudCon - Bob Coffeen

https://warrenmcelwain.com/obituary/robert-charles-bob-coffeen/

Bob founded R.C. Coffeen & Associates in 1964, consulting in Electro-Acoustics and Industrial Control Systems.  Following the mentorship of Dr. C. Paul Boner, Bob began employing a sound system equalization method on several projects.  His firm then took off and expanded!

The company continued through the years as Coffeen Anderson Fricke & Associates, later as Coffeen Fricke & Associates, Inc., Consultants in Acoustics and Audio-Visual Communications.  Bob was renowned for his research in acoustical engineering, particularly stadiums and performance venues.  Key projects included the original sound systems for Kauffman Stadium and Arrowhead Station (GEHA Field).  He was particularly proud of work done for arenas, stadiums, and churches across the United States, including Yardley Hall and Polsky Theatre at Johnson County Community College.

Bob’s skills were known internationally, resulting in many journeys around the globe.  He was also a private pilot and at one point, the firm owned two airplanes.  Flying was a great joy of Bob’s.  The firm was later purchased and continues today as AVANT Acoustics in Lenexa, KS.   

Bob resigned in 1995 so he could continue with his instruction in architectural acoustics at the University of Kansas.  He was an adjunct faculty member with the School of Architecture until his retirement in 2017.  In KU’s classrooms and labs, he worked with students in designing acoustics for planned or existing buildings and facilities.  He taught them how to use computer modeling and auralization programs.  A highlight of many years was an annual trip with students to Chicago for company and building tours.  Former students and colleagues honored him with the Jack and Nancy Bradley Student Recognition Award.  He also received an Excellence in Teaching Award, chosen by undergraduate students in KU’s Architectural Engineering department.

Bob received many industry honors throughout his career.  He was named the 2006 National Systems Contractors Association Educator of the Year.  He received the Rossing Prize as the nation’s top educator in acoustics by the Acoustical Society of America where he was a life member.  Bob was a life member of the Audio Engineering Society and a Life Member of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air Conditioning Engineers.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Robert Healey

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2024, 05:53:10 PM »

From SynAudCon - Bob Coffeen

I was a student of Bob's in the Architectural Engineering program at the University of Kansas from 2009-2014.

I can't say that I have met anyone else who has had a full 30-year career working on some of the largest projects in the industry and then had a second 30-year career teaching. He gave me an incredible education on the fundamentals of audio, system design, and the industry. I certainly wouldn't be where I am today without him.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2024, 06:21:09 PM »

I was a student of Bob's in the Architectural Engineering program at the University of Kansas from 2009-2014.

I can't say that I have met anyone else who has had a full 30-year career working on some of the largest projects in the industry and then had a second 30-year career teaching. He gave me an incredible education on the fundamentals of audio, system design, and the industry. I certainly wouldn't be where I am today without him.
I was going to say that Professor Bob is one of those that should have a statue on the KU campus.  He had that kind of impact.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2024, 03:24:47 AM »

Wonderful testament

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Scott Helmke

« Reply #58 on: Yesterday at 02:32:25 PM »

Chicago musician, engineer, producer Steve Albini - dead of a heart attack at the relatively young age of 61.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #59 on: Yesterday at 02:36:12 PM »

Chicago musician, engineer, producer Steve Albini - dead of a heart attack at the relatively young age of 61.
LINKY

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: Yesterday at 02:36:12 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.