ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 2024 Musician, Celebrity, and Industry RIPs  (Read 6150 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: 2024 Musician, Celebrity, and Industry RIPs
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 04:15:08 PM »

Glynnis Johns, actress/dancer/singer at age 100.  She was the first Desiree to sing "Send In the Clowns."
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 12:34:03 PM »

Singer and actor David Soul, at 80.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 12:37:06 PM »

Singer and actor David Soul, at 80.

Don't give up on us baby.  Forgot all about that song.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 01:22:58 PM »

Don't give up on us baby.  Forgot all about that song.

Also played character Ken "Hutch" Hutchinson - RIP - I'd like to have the Ford Torino from that show.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2024, 02:14:59 PM »

Also played character Ken "Hutch" Hutchinson - RIP - I'd like to have the Ford Torino from that show.

Starsky and Hutch, that was during my college years when I did not watch any tv.  I had a little 10" set I would catch the local news and watch Am weather on PBS.  Long before the Internet that was a 15 minute pilot briefing that went into fronts and pressure areas IFR weather to avoid.  the internet has truly spoiled us with instant info.

I have an old clicky keyboard I love and I noticed half my caps are out as I type this.  Hope it just needs contacts cleaned.  Acting like an address strobe line is out.  they use row and column matrix that is strobed or poled choose your terminology.  my typing is worse than usual.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Woody Nuss

• Santa Monica, CA
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2024, 03:38:15 PM »

The teen crush for many of us....Lacey Underall from Caddyshack , Cindy Morgan. She was also in Tron

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cindy-morgan-tron-caddyshack-star-dies-69-rcna132715

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 03:41:22 PM by Woody Nuss »

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2024, 04:41:58 PM »

Starsky and Hutch, that was during my college years when I did not watch any tv.  I had a little 10" set I would catch the local news and watch Am weather on PBS.  Long before the Internet that was a 15 minute pilot briefing that went into fronts and pressure areas IFR weather to avoid.  the internet has truly spoiled us with instant info.

I have an old clicky keyboard I love and I noticed half my caps are out as I type this.  Hope it just needs contacts cleaned.  Acting like an address strobe line is out.  they use row and column matrix that is strobed or poled choose your terminology.  my typing is worse than usual.

Back in the late 80's when I messed with this stuff it was on F-16 Automatic Test Stations (ATE) with HP-1000 computers on them and HP-7906 Hard Drives.  Yep, they did a row/column matrix scan on the keyboards over an IEEE-488 serial interface.  :)

Old HP

While your typing may be Horked Up today, your attitude is still good Scott!

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
2024 Musician, Celebrity, and Industry RIPs
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2024, 07:25:43 AM »

Peter Schickele, a Grammy Award-winning composer and wry humorist who presented himself as the world’s leading authority on the rule-fracturing P.D.Q. Bach, the “last and least” of J.S. Bach’s musical children, died Jan. 16 at his home in Bearsville, N.Y. He was 88.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/peter-schickele-musical-parodist-behind-pdq-bach-dies-at-88/ar-AA1n9g0J
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 12:08:21 AM by Mac Kerr »
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2024, 08:01:33 AM »

Peter Schickele, a Grammy Award-winning composer and wry humorist who presented himself as the world’s leading authority on the rule-fracturing P.D.Q. Bach, the “last and least” of J.S. Bach’s musical children, died Jan. 16 at his home in Bearsville, N.Y. He was 88.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/peter-schickele-musical-parodist-behind-pdq-bach-dies-at-88/ar-AA1n9g0J

My classical trio performed "Dream Dances" by Schickele at several chamber concerts back in the late 90's early 2000's.
His writing was considered "classical tongue-in-cheek" back then.

I will look through my archives, dig it out, and play through it today for old times sake.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 12:09:26 AM by Mac Kerr »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2024, 08:01:33 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.