ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mobile DJ Rig for larger event  (Read 1877 times)

Fredrik Svensson

Mobile DJ Rig for larger event
« on: November 06, 2023, 03:54:14 AM »

Hi,

I am a mobile DJ that plays about 25 gigs/year. Mostly weddings and corporate events up to 100 people (all the equipment I use currently fits in my car). I usually play with this equipment:

- Two OPERA 715DX active speakers
- Two EV ZXA1 active subwoofers
- One Reloop Mixon 8 Pro

However, this December I have a few shows with about 250 people so in addition to the equipment listed above I managed to find a used/bargain price for a DB technologies Subwoofer 18D 18”.

Can anyone give me some recommendations for how I should connect the three subs + two active speakers for best sound? (incl. settings on each unit)

Many thanks in advance!

/Fredrik

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
Re: Mobile DJ Rig for larger event
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 03:39:07 AM »

Hi,

I am a mobile DJ that plays about 25 gigs/year. Mostly weddings and corporate events up to 100 people (all the equipment I use currently fits in my car). I usually play with this equipment:

- Two OPERA 715DX active speakers
- Two EV ZXA1 active subwoofers
- One Reloop Mixon 8 Pro

However, this December I have a few shows with about 250 people so in addition to the equipment listed above I managed to find a used/bargain price for a DB technologies Subwoofer 18D 18”.

Can anyone give me some recommendations for how I should connect the three subs + two active speakers for best sound? (incl. settings on each unit)

Many thanks in advance!

/Fredrik

Leave the EV's at home and just use the DB Tech 18. You will have less issues with the EV not playing nice with others.

Keep in mind that you really only need to cover the dance floor with music at wedding receptions, and even at 500 person weddings, the area doesn't get much larger than 10m x 10m.People want to socialize, it's not a nightclub.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 11:04:27 AM »

Leave the EV's at home and just use the DB Tech 18. You will have less issues with the EV not playing nice with others.

Keep in mind that you really only need to cover the dance floor with music at wedding receptions, and even at 500 person weddings, the area doesn't get much larger than 10m x 10m.People want to socialize, it's not a nightclub.

Spot on.

I see too many DJ's with speakers facing directly forward at weddings, they should be separated wide and turned inwards to the center of the dance floor on-axis.  For your typical DJ event (private party - wedding, Christmas party, etc.) you want as much sound as you can focused on the dance floor and as little as possible spilling out into the seating areas.

Now at a public performance, Rave, Club, Car Show, etc things are different.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 02:30:42 PM by Steve-White »

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 12:41:42 PM »

Agreed that the single sub will be better than trying to combine with the EV subs.

For weddings especially, piles of more gear is rarely the route you want to take.

I also agree that the music should be focused on the dancefloor area.  However, announcements need to be audible and intelligible in the entire space, especially if you're providing the system for speeches and whatnot.

When I used to DJ weddings, I would often deploy a main system for the dance floor, then satellite speakers to cover additional areas. The satellite speakers ONLY were used for vocals, or maybe for low level background music. Once the music started pumping, the energy was focused then on the dance floor.
Brian Jojade

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 12:41:42 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.