ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MagicQ Compact Connect wing. How to turn down/off the backlights?  (Read 1496 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography

We just got our compact connect and so far I like it enough. The hardware is nice, but there’s fewer buttons on it vs the old PC Wing I used to use.

The crazy thing is the absolutely blindingly bright backlights behind the faders and encoders. Control+Enc 4 does not turn them down like it does on the consoles.

Does anyone know how to adjust the console lighting on this thing?

For whatever reason I can’t find or view any manual online that works on my phone.

I really hope that these things aren’t a harbinger of the “Chauvet-ing” of MagicQ.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
Re: MagicQ Compact Connect wing. How to turn down/off the backlights?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 12:59:23 PM »

Nevermind. I’m an idiot. Enc 3 does the “faderglow”. Enc 4 is the led’s on the flash buttons. 5 is the gooseneck light.

There’s no Control button on the unit. You almost have to have a keyboard hooked up to it in order to still have the 10 key and the control buttons. All of those are available on the touchscreen as well, but much harder to use. The old PC wing still had a 10 key.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tommy Nikiforov

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 06:59:10 PM »

Nevermind. I’m an idiot. Enc 3 does the “faderglow”. Enc 4 is the led’s on the flash buttons. 5 is the gooseneck light.

There’s no Control button on the unit. You almost have to have a keyboard hooked up to it in order to still have the 10 key and the control buttons. All of those are available on the touchscreen as well, but much harder to use. The old PC wing still had a 10 key.

The Pc-wing didnt have a keypad, that was the maxiwing, a comparable product to that is the Stadium Connect.
At first i didnt like the changes to the Compact Connect vs PC-Wing compact, but now with the current software it makes much more sense.
Lighting Designer / Programmer / Operator
ChamSys Alpha tester
Located in Southern Finland

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 12:09:02 AM »

The Pc-wing didnt have a keypad, that was the maxiwing, a comparable product to that is the Stadium Connect.
At first i didnt like the changes to the Compact Connect vs PC-Wing compact, but now with the current software it makes much more sense.

I guess I had a Maxiwing then. I find all these names confusing. Chamsys is not alone in this regard. How many dLive variations are there. And I can never remember which is which.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2023, 01:20:43 PM »

I'm looking for a Compact connect myself. I downloaded MagicQ PC and been messing around with it. What does your setup look like? Are you also using a node or dmx cable?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2023, 02:57:16 PM »

I'm looking for a Compact connect myself. I downloaded MagicQ PC and been messing around with it. What does your setup look like? Are you also using a node or dmx cable?

I'll try to remember to get a pic of the setup, but we are using a (I think) 17" touchscreen monitor on a windows machine. The built in ethernet on the computer hits a switch which is then distributed to a bunch of data drops around our venue. The ETC dimmers run on SACN, but then we have 4-5 more Artnet nodes scattered around. I'm running 12 universes at the moment, but part of that is because one of the "fixtures" we have takes 4 universes all by itself.

https://prochurchlights.com/pixel-stix

It doesn't *need* all those channels, but thats the way the have it configured in order to run in full pixel mode. Every 4 meters of light stick is one universe. I have 16 meters. I wouldn't have bought this thing personally, but it was here when I got here and they expect me to use it.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2023, 11:08:46 PM »

I remembered....

Our basic setup for service. Each "song" can have a color and position preselected, and you can change those on the fly as well. There are also some basic movement and dimmer chase cues. This is what you see when you are running the show.

Programming view

View of the venue.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2023, 11:16:26 PM »

Also, and this is very minor, but I had to take the console lamp apart and "clock" it 90 degrees so it wouldn't foul against the screen. As shipped it sticks straight up and you couldn't nest the touchscreen nice and close to the faders.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2023, 09:35:33 AM »

Nice setup Tim.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2023, 09:35:33 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.