ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brightness levels ETC HPL 575 vs S4WRD led kit  (Read 1218 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Brightness levels ETC HPL 575 vs S4WRD led kit
« on: October 22, 2023, 12:52:33 PM »

I want to convert some of my S4's to full color LED using the S4WRD II cap. The question I can't seem to get an answer to is how does the brightness compare to a standard 575 White vs White?

I'm sure the saturated Colors would be brighter with the LED, but what about white vs white?

Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Rick Earl

Re: Brightness levels ETC HPL 575 vs S4WRD led kit
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2023, 02:36:13 PM »

I want to convert some of my S4's to full color LED using the S4WRD II cap. The question I can't seem to get an answer to is how does the brightness compare to a standard 575 White vs White?

I'm sure the saturated Colors would be brighter with the LED, but what about white vs white?

There is an APP for that: https://www.etcconnect.com/Support/Apps/Lighting-Fixtures.aspx

CRI on the color is lower than the CRI on the White light version, so it depends on what you're wanting to light.

Rob Timmerman

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2023, 02:51:45 PM »

ETC provides full photometric data on their website, but compared to the 575W lamp, the color version of the S4WRD II has about 50-60% of the output at 3200K, with color rendering that should be at least acceptable.  The white-only version of the S4WRD II sits between the 575W and 750W lamps for output (with the high-CRI version being closer to a 575W lamp and the lower-CRI version being closer to a 750W lamp).  The differences do vary with lens tubes, and the beam profiles are not identical, so if you need more than just total output numbers, you'll want to go through the actual photometry files.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2023, 02:51:45 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.