ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 M32 Aux Ins Remapping Problem  (Read 1507 times)

chris.gutridge

X32 M32 Aux Ins Remapping Problem
« on: October 13, 2023, 05:28:34 PM »

I cannot figure out how to send my Aux inputs to my second board connected via AES50 cable.  I can send all 32 channels to and from any board or stage box, but what I am trying to do is send 32 channels plus the 6 Aux channels through the AES50 routing but there doesn't seem to be a way.  Has anybody done this?  Also, as a last resort, I would be okay with re-configuring one of my 32 channels as Aux ports to make this work, but I still want them physically plugged in to my 6 Aux ports on the sending board and copied to somewhere (preferably Aux) on the second board.  FYI, I've tried this for hours, so I'm not just thinking of it and asking, I can't seem to get it to work.

Landon Lewsaw

Re: X32 M32 Aux Ins Remapping Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 03:26:59 PM »

I suspect it's much like the way that my X-live expansion card doesn't "see" those aux inputs to record.  I don't think the aux in connectors are wired/mapped to go anywhere other than the local channels.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2023, 05:28:06 PM »

{...} what I am trying to do is send 32 channels plus the 6 Aux channels through the AES50 routing {...}

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for using your real name!

The Auxin/TB block can be assigned directly to the AES50 output blocks, so what you're trying to is definitely possible; the complicating factor is the limitations on remapping the aux inputs on the receiving console (i.e. "Aux In Remap" can only access the lowest-numbered channels of any particular set of routing blocks). Your system routing should look something like this:

On the sending console:
  • Route the "Local 1-8" block to the "AES50-A Out 41-48" block (note that we're using AES50-A outputs 41-48 here, which frees up 1-8 for the aux inputs)
  • Route the "Local 9-16" block to the "AES50-A Out 9-16" block
  • Route the "Local 17-24" block to the "AES50-A Out 17-24" block
  • Route the "Local 25-32" block to the "AES50-A Out 25-32" block
  • Route the "Auxin 1-6/T" block to the "AES50-A Out 1-8" block

On the receiving console:
  • Route the "AES50-A In 41-48" block to the "Channel 1-8" block
  • Route the "AES50-A In 9-16" block to the "Channel 9-16" block
  • Route the "AES50-A In 17-24" block to the "Channel 17-24" block
  • Route the "AES50-A In 25-32" block to the "Channel 25-32" block
  • Set "Aux In Remap" to "AES50-A 1-6"

All 38 analogue inputs on the sending console will now be available for routing on the receiving console.

I suspect it's much like the way that my X-live expansion card doesn't "see" those aux inputs to record.  I don't think the aux in connectors are wired/mapped to go anywhere other than the local channels.

There's actually a very important difference: the card slot on the X/M32 only supports 32 channels of audio in each direction (although you can always pick-and-choose what you want those channels to be), while the AES50 ports support 48 channels.

As for those Aux In connectors, they're actually much more complicated than you're thinking: in addition to being available for patching as an input source (unless "Aux In Remap" has been set) and also showing up in the routing grid (both as a block, and as sources for the User In and User Out blocks), they can also be paired with their respective Aux Out connectors and used as channel or bus inserts for analogue gear.

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2023, 05:28:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.