ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Console Service folks: Avid SC48 Fader Replacement Question  (Read 508 times)

Geri O'Neil

Hello, and Mods, please move this to a more appropriate page if need be. I've kinda forgotten how and where things are.... ;D

We have an Avid SC48 that had 2 faders show as "stuck" or needing replacement. I've replaced the errant faders (#13 and the Flex fader) and once the surface is reassembled, #12 and #16 are now showing "stuck" and the new Flex fader is still acting inappropriately.

The odd thing is that in Test Mode, all of the faders move together in the Recalibrate test. But #12 and #16 are moving sporadically afterwards.

I've looked with a flashlight between faders (with the big metal plate installed in place)  to see if anything is blocking the motor or the fader handle itself. I can't see anything in the way. Might there be something else I should look for? Or should I just replace those faders as well (I have several new faders)?

My next trouble-shooting step would be to remove the three boards, the big metal plate/cover under the faders, and remove #12 and #16 and connect them laying in the bottom of the desk to see if they move properly, as I've done before. It's  no fun to disassemble all of the fader section, but if it were easy, bass players would be doing it.

Heyyyy, wait!.... ;D ;D

Thanx for any insight.

Geri O

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.