ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chamsys MQPC Grand and Submasters behavior  (Read 997 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Chamsys MQPC Grand and Submasters behavior
« on: June 19, 2023, 04:29:59 PM »

I have been using MQPC for years and I think I remember back in the day being able to assign some playbacks to the Submaster, and some not, but all were still assigned to the Grand Master.

I'm building a new show (big church) and that choice on the PB's now effectively groups the Grand and the Sub together (along with swaps and DBO) as one preference. Meaning you either get them all or get none. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Am I crazy in thinking that it used to not be this way? Will Bullwinkle ever find the rabbit in his hat?

To be clear I'd like the Grand Master (And Swaps, DBO, & Shift Release) to affect every playback. I want the Submaster to only affect a few Playbacks.

I remember being able to do this years ago, but that functionality is gone now? I remember having a selection for each Master in the Playback Options, but now there is only one that affects both Master faders. Which doesn't make any sense to me, since it effectively makes both of those faders do the same thing.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tommy Nikiforov

Re: Chamsys MQPC Grand and Submasters behavior
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 06:35:19 PM »

I have been using MQPC for years and I think I remember back in the day being able to assign some playbacks to the Submaster, and some not, but all were still assigned to the Grand Master.

I'm building a new show (big church) and that choice on the PB's now effectively groups the Grand and the Sub together (along with swaps and DBO) as one preference. Meaning you either get them all or get none. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Am I crazy in thinking that it used to not be this way? Will Bullwinkle ever find the rabbit in his hat?

To be clear I'd like the Grand Master (And Swaps, DBO, & Shift Release) to affect every playback. I want the Submaster to only affect a few Playbacks.

I remember being able to do this years ago, but that functionality is gone now? I remember having a selection for each Master in the Playback Options, but now there is only one that affects both Master faders. Which doesn't make any sense to me, since it effectively makes both of those faders do the same thing.

You can assign CS1 to GM , CS2 to SM , CS3 to crossfader. this is done from setup- view settings - playback
Lighting Designer / Programmer / Operator
ChamSys Alpha tester
Located in Southern Finland

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 10:13:01 PM »

You can assign CS1 to GM , CS2 to SM , CS3 to crossfader. this is done from setup- view settings - playback

Yes you can, but that doesn’t have anything to do with what I wanted.

Imagine having 3 playbacks of front lights. Just regular pars. Then 4 playbacks of intelligent lights. I want all playbacks controlled by the grand master, but only the 4 faders of intelligent lights controlled by the submaster.

This way I could douse all the movers at once via the submaster.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 11:36:29 AM »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 11:36:29 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.