ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Current crown products  (Read 2248 times)

Dave Guilford

Current crown products
« on: March 20, 2023, 09:36:44 PM »

Anyone know what’s up with Crown these days?  Seems like the macrotech i series is now discontinued, and the itech isn’t officially over , but nearly impossible to get.  Aren’t the based on the same amp , but with dsp for itech?  Xti is out there but not the 6002 amps.  I also think I heard the DCI stuff is gone now too.

I wonder what they’ll replace the Ma I series with (and when??)

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
Re: Current crown products
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 11:06:35 PM »

Anyone know what’s up with Crown these days?  Seems like the macrotech i series is now discontinued, and the itech isn’t officially over , but nearly impossible to get.  Aren’t the based on the same amp , but with dsp for itech?  Xti is out there but not the 6002 amps.  I also think I heard the DCI stuff is gone now too.

I'm thinking it's doubtful Macrotech I series will be replaced. With many new products being self-powered and those that aren't require manufacturer specific DSP amplifiers the market for high power non-dsp amplifiers is shrinking or already gone. QSC also recently discontinued many of their amplifier products. Through I think that is a slightly different scenario many of these products are hold-overs from the before times that don't make sense to continue manufacturing.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 08:21:22 AM »

The amp toplogies are very different between the MA and Itech series
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 09:25:59 AM »

I'm thinking it's doubtful Macrotech I series will be replaced. With many new products being self-powered and those that aren't require manufacturer specific DSP amplifiers the market for high power non-dsp amplifiers is shrinking or already gone. QSC also recently discontinued many of their amplifier products. Through I think that is a slightly different scenario many of these products are hold-overs from the before times that don't make sense to continue manufacturing.

In November 2018 I purchased a factory-refurbished IT5000HD as a spare amp for my rigs.
At that time there were quite a few factory-refurb units on Ebay.... 
I called Crown and made sure that the dealer was indeed a Crown dealer.
I paid $1999.00 w/ free s/h. 
I put it through its paces switching it from rack to rack as gigs happened to make sure that it worked while still under warranty - zero issues.

It now lives in a single rack as the spare amp that I bring on gigs.

A moment ago I just checked the price for the same unit (as new) on Sweetwater's site...over $7K....and.....out of stock......EEEEK!

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 09:42:59 AM »

In November 2018 I purchased a factory-refurbished IT5000HD as a spare amp for my rigs.
At that time there were quite a few factory-refurb units on Ebay.... 
I called Crown and made sure that the dealer was indeed a Crown dealer.
I paid $1999.00 w/ free s/h. 
I put it through its paces switching it from rack to rack as gigs happened to make sure that it worked while still under warranty - zero issues.

It now lives in a single rack as the spare amp that I bring on gigs.

A moment ago I just checked the price for the same unit (as new) on Sweetwater's site...over $7K....and.....out of stock......EEEEK!

Amplifier prices seem to have skyrocketed across the board for the small number of live sound amplifiers still in production. I have heard reports of many Crown amps having long lead times... even one scenario where Crown was unlocking some of their cinema series install amps to support live sound products.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 10:01:24 AM »

If you want I Tech HD 12000, I know where there are some for sale.  Also a half dozen xTI6002.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2023, 10:14:31 AM »

The amp toplogies are very different between the MA and Itech series

MAi and iTech are basically the same amp, except the iTech has more advanced DSP processing.   The "i" after the MA signifies a lot. 

https://www.crownaudio.com/en/products/ma-12000i

https://www.crownaudio.com/en/products/i-tech-12000hd
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2023, 10:52:08 AM »

If you want I Tech HD 12000, I know where there are some for sale.  Also a half dozen xTI6002.

I know where there's a 4X3500HD in nice shape.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Thomas Le

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2023, 12:31:36 PM »

On their QSYS side, looks like all of their efforts are diverted to the install side. Only thing on the live side is the GX, GXD and RMXa.

But even on their QSYS side, there was nothing available to to buy. I was lucky to get Crown CDi Drivecore for an install.

Dave Guilford

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2023, 08:07:21 PM »

I’ve seen them on fb marketplace , if that’s what ya mean

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2023, 08:07:21 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.