ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Headwarn wireless setup  (Read 2170 times)

Jon Roelfs

Headwarn wireless setup
« on: February 21, 2023, 10:57:40 PM »

Looking for thoughts on putting together a headwarn wireless microphone setup for a summer youth event. My initial thought was, only because I used this setup previously with excellent results. A nice used shure ULXP system in the J1 (554-590 MHz) band paired with an Acacia LIZ roadster headwarn microphone from sweetwater.

Headset will be used on one adult speaker. Are the ULXP systems still worthwhile? The Acacia LIZ roadster sounds good to my ears for speech amplification and I’m comfortable with it’s price point. Definitely want dual ear, constantly redoing tape for a single ear got old very fast. The receiver will need to be moved to 2-3 rigs daily during the week long event.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 01:51:52 PM by Jon Roelfs »

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
Re: Headwarn wireless setup
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 11:13:09 PM »

Are the ULXP systems still worthwhile?

Haven't used that headworn mic. Good to see it's got a replaceable cord (primary point of failure).

The Shure ULXP systems still work, provided you don't have too much competition for frequencies in your area (J1 band, in particular, is tough slogging in Atlanta, for example). I have a rack of 4 demoted to spares, partly because of the frequency challenge, partly because I'm tiring of buying 9v batteries and my SLXD systems are performing well.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Dale Argot

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 05:07:47 PM »

I purchased a demo Acacia Audio LIZ Pro headset mic almost 4 years ago along with the dual ear attachment - used almost every Sunday four the last four years and for the last two years every Sunday and Wednesday. Very pleased with the quality. I am thankful for the replacement cable. I did have to replace the Shure version once, not on the headset side but the transmitter side. I also have cables for AT packs and Sennheiser packs. I can't speak to the Shure wireless units you mentioned.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 05:07:47 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.