ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The S16 can not get connection with X32, AES50 ports is failing? two of them?  (Read 5085 times)

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics

Thank you how about 100m:
https://www.thomannmusic.com/pro_snake_88385_100.htm

100m is the absolute end of spec staying below 80m is recommended.
Brian Jojade

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA

Thank you how about 100m:
https://www.thomannmusic.com/pro_snake_88385_100.htm

It will work until it doesn't.  The longest cable I have to work 100% of the time is 85 meters.

I'd submit that a gig of the size requiring a 400 ft run needs a console system that uses fibre.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Brian Jojade

It will work until it doesn't.  The longest cable I have to work 100% of the time is 85 meters.

I'd submit that a gig of the size requiring a 400 ft run needs a console system that uses fibre.

Agreed.  400 feet single span is beyond the spec for any copper systems.  Repeaters half way through are just another point of failure in a random location.

An alternative that should be considered is getting the Dante card for the X32s.  Then you can convert to fiber and run the length you need with no issue.  Dante would be significantly cheaper than the AES50 to fiber solution available.
Brian Jojade

Dakai Sun

Agreed.  400 feet single span is beyond the spec for any copper systems.  Repeaters half way through are just another point of failure in a random location.

An alternative that should be considered is getting the Dante card for the X32s.  Then you can convert to fiber and run the length you need with no issue.  Dante would be significantly cheaper than the AES50 to fiber solution available.

Thank you dig deep into this ,
I wacthed some videos about X-Dante Expansion Card, But how can we link S16 and X32 using a X-Dante

How can we do about convert to fiber?  X32 -> shielded cat5e  -> fiber  ->  shielded cat5e   ->  S16 ?

Thanks

Dakai Sun

The Behringer website cannot be logged in normally. I am waiting for the website to be normal before submitting my X32 or S16 maintenance problem. Does anyone know how long their website has been down?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

The Behringer website cannot be logged in normally. I am waiting for the website to be normal before submitting my X32 or S16 maintenance problem. Does anyone know how long their website has been down?

The site works for me.  I doubt you will get a response. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Dakai Sun

The site works for me.  I doubt you will get a response.

I have register two times using 2 different email. after registration there is an email sent to me from musictribe.com to verify my email account,

When I click the "verify my email account"

Sent me to the website let me to login, when I login then The musictribe.com sent me other email to verify my email account,

Looping in this circle, I can’t log in all the time

Maybe this new bug is for new registrants? Has no one else noticed yet?
Is there anyone from this site in this forum?

Brian Jojade

I wacthed some videos about X-Dante Expansion Card, But how can we link S16 and X32 using a X-Dante

How can we do about convert to fiber?  X32 -> shielded cat5e  -> fiber  ->  shielded cat5e   ->  S16 ?

Thanks

The s16 won’t work with Dante. But if you used an x32 rack with a Dante card as a stage box, you could then convert to fiber, run your 400 feet, then convert back to copper and connect to the next x32 via Dante.
Brian Jojade

Tim Verhoeven

The only way to convert AES50 signals to fiber is using a pair of the Klark-Teknic DN9620 or DN9680. Standard ethernet copper to fiber converters will NOT work.

Regards,
Tim

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA

Never mind.. my original reply is no longer relevant...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: The S16 can not get connection with X32, AES50 ports is failing? two of them?
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2023, 11:54:59 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.