ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless 2ch audio for remote zone  (Read 803 times)

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
Wireless 2ch audio for remote zone
« on: December 31, 2022, 12:21:18 AM »

I did some searching for solutions and saw someone that uses an IEM system for remote zone audio transmission.

Seems like there should be something out there for this purpose.  Intended use will be at DJ wedding reception events where there's a bar or other area where they want background music and paging for announcements.

Maximum range would be 300' and typically be much less.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Thx!

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: Wireless 2ch audio for remote zone
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 01:05:45 PM »

I did some searching for solutions and saw someone that uses an IEM system for remote zone audio transmission.

Seems like there should be something out there for this purpose.  Intended use will be at DJ wedding reception events where there's a bar or other area where they want background music and paging for announcements.

Maximum range would be 300' and typically be much less.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Thx!

If you want stereo, then yes a standard IEM system with a belt pack receiver and a "battery replacement" power supply can work very well. Use a directional antenna and get both transmitter and receiver as far up in the air as physically possible. Line of sight is very important and if you're going through walls well, good luck. Shure PSMs allow higher transmitter power, but that's not really the most important factor. Line of sight and good frequency choices are far more important.

If you can get by with Mono, the standard tricks are Shure PSM Transmitter in Mono with Shure UHFR receivers in point to point mode, or a Lectrosonics IFB system.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 01:15:50 PM »

I would imagine going through commercial type walls with metallic studs will be quite entertaining.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 02:31:08 PM »

I use my Sennheiser IEM's as much for remote audio as I do actual IEM use. The Sennhesier IEM transmitters work with their wireless mic receivers, with directional antennas at each end I can get great range.
I've got a couple of the older SR350 dual transmitters if I need a little bump in range.
For your use I'm guessing mono would be fine.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 02:01:17 PM »

Thanks guys, this is the feedback I needed to arrive at a good decision point.  Going the IEM route for sure, as they can be then used as Dual Purpose - Remote Zone use or actual IEM's.

Makes the most sense from the cost/ROI perspective as that 's a versatile setup.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2023, 10:01:15 PM »

I have used the G3 IEM Tx to a mic Rx with a paddle at each end to cover some remote speakers 300 ft away through some redwoods. (not body packs)  Worked fine.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 02:48:28 PM by Dave Garoutte »
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Thomas Le

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 09:17:41 AM »

I do this with a PSM300 with the P3RA and a PA805SWB. Works good. I am in the process of experimenting with using a SLX receiver instead of the bodypack as I think I can get better range(?) but I need to modify it to turn off the tone pilot which Shure provides instructions for.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 10:31:59 AM »

Couple years back Steve Hackett came through Westhampton Beach PAC with a pair of self-powered Turbosound speakers on sticks, up in the balcony at rear of hall, for some "quad" FX. Signal was fed via some G3 IEM receivers in pouches gaffed to the top of cabinets. Worked really well..

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 10:31:59 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.