ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Furman Headphone Mixers  (Read 1206 times)

Handy Brent

Furman Headphone Mixers
« on: January 28, 2006, 12:29:35 AM »

If any of you have had experience with the HRM16s, you know that the connectors on the back are inexpensive, plastic, under great stress, and often fail.  The cables are thick, bulky and heavy.  Here is a no brainer that someone may have thought of, but I will post the pics anyway.

I bought some smaller, 48" cables, and permanently wired tied them to the stands, eliminating the stress on the connector.  They land at the floor.  I have some Centronics turn-arounds, labeled input and out respectively, so that the connections are made at the base of the stand.

Handy Brent

Re: Furman Headphone Mixers
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 12:31:00 AM »

Brent Handy wrote on Sat, 28 January 2006 05:29

If any of you have had experience with the HMS16s, you know that the connectors on the back are inexpensive, plastic and under great stress, and break often when the units are use with stand mounts.  The cables are thick, bulky and heavy.  Here is a no brainer that someone may have thought of, but I will post the pics anyway.

I bought some smaller, 48" cables, and permanently wired tied them to the stands, eliminating the stress on the connector.  They land at the floor.  I have some Connectronix turn-arounds, labeled input and out respectively, so that the connections are made at the base of the stand.

And another pic of the turnarounds at the base of the stand.

Greg Hertfelder

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 05:41:06 PM »

Nice job, Brent. Your church is fortunate to have you on the team.

Incidentally, if not snipped close enough, tie-wraps can act like a razor on passing skin. I know an TV engineer that almost lost his job because his boss cut his leg on tie-wraps that were not snipped close enough. As an alternative to tie-wraps, 3M makes a reasonably-priced cloth Velcro-type tape on a roll; You can snip off as much or as little as you need and it will adhere to its own back surface. I purchased it here.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 05:41:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.