ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: No High pass filters, next best options parametric and graphic eq?  (Read 3917 times)

Nick Andrews

Re: No High pass filters, next best options parametric and graphic eq?
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2021, 09:59:14 PM »

You know , I like allen and heath, i think the consoles generally sound good and have some cool features but for the life of me I can't understand why they will not put high pass filters on the busses,I know people who have been asking for that since the ILIVE days. High pass filters , and RTA overlay on the channels would be CLUTCH.

I have literally been debating getting into a DLIVE (cdm32 with dante card & c1500 surface ) system for a while now and little quirks like these have honestly not made me make the jump to A&H.

Just sayin...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 10:01:26 PM by Nick Andrews »

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2021, 08:10:15 AM »

What typically happens in a small gig is you HP vocal around 80 – 100Hz on the channel, If your AUX send is tapped off after the HPF that will also protect your vocal monitors (and FOH).  If your FOH needs to be HP at 40Hz, put a HP on the kick and bass at 40Hz and that will protect your FOH. If you are using a drum fill that needs more protection than a 40Hz HP or you want to put kick in your vocal wedges …  :( … at this point you will need to invest in an SQ and / or some better signal processing.

… but if all you have is a Qu, and you are not using powered speakers with their own built in protection, this approach is probably the best you can do, just be very careful of your drum fill.

My HP settings are not about protection. They're about clearing needless mud. The musicians are in the low mid backwash of the mains. They don't need anything in their monitors under 150. The fills are frequently up over 200. Both want the attack of the kick.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Peter Morris

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2021, 10:36:53 AM »

My HP settings are not about protection. They're about clearing needless mud. The musicians are in the low mid backwash of the mains. They don't need anything in their monitors under 150. The fills are frequently up over 200. Both want the attack of the kick.

Yes but the OP question was "providing high pass protection for a passive sub and small main pair with the filtering available on an A&H QU"

All of my systems have protection in the processor.  Some of our systems even model Xmax on the LF and Subs and limit them as needed, and I use HP and LP filter as you do - but - if your system does not have that protection, you can use HP filters as I suggested above.  Its not really what you should be doing but if that's all you have ...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2021, 10:36:53 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.