ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the modern day equivalent of the EAW kf650  (Read 6847 times)

Heath Eldridge

What is the modern day equivalent of the EAW kf650
« on: June 11, 2021, 08:36:27 AM »

As the title suggests - what would be a lower level pro rig for gigs >average bar gigs/weddings? (Probably not a line array - certainly ground stacked)

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: What is the modern day equivalent of the EAW kf650
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 08:52:58 AM »

Fulcrum DX1565?

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 10:47:23 AM »

Do you want passive powered or self powered?

Are you looking to do 1 per side or multiples?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 12:01:18 PM by Matt Vivlamore »
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 11:11:44 AM »

As the title suggests - what would be a lower level pro rig for gigs >average bar gigs/weddings? (Probably not a line array - certainly ground stacked)

I don't have experience with the KF650 or either of these options but for the sake of conversation what about the common JBL SRX835 or Yamaha DZR315?
They are relatively "lower" in the market than the KF650 was, they aren't likely as loud, and they aren't really array-able, but they certainly fit the bar gig/wedding level requirement.

John Schalk

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 01:49:21 PM »

I don't have experience with the KF650 or either of these options but for the sake of conversation what about the common JBL SRX835 or Yamaha DZR315?
From what I have seen out and about, the JBL SRX835p is the box that is filling the ground stack, two per side use case most often in my neck of the woods. Of course there are plenty of other options, but I don't really think people are stacking up more than two per side these days, are they?  The only KF650s we have locally are in a permanent (flown) install.  That system does sound very good.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 02:17:10 PM »

From what I have seen out and about, the JBL SRX835p is the box that is filling the ground stack, two per side use case most often in my neck of the woods. Of course there are plenty of other options, but I don't really think people are stacking up more than two per side these days, are they?  The only KF650s we have locally are in a permanent (flown) install.  That system does sound very good.

KF650z with greybox processing is still a good box IMHO.
I'd rather have a pair of them a side for any small gig than a ground stacked dash array.

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 06:19:11 PM »

I've used JBL STX 835s in the all of same applications as my old KF650e rig and they've always delivered. Basically the same form factor but with 2x 15" LF drivers, and a little lighter. My very subjective review is they sound better than the 650s(with Itech HD amps/DSP), but given they're 20 years newer they should.

Now the STX line isn't one the website anymore... but it's not listed as discontinued either. VTX F35/64 seems very similar to STX 835, with updated LF drivers and slightly different HF, but with what looks like the handles in... ah, an orientation that wouldn't be my first selection.

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 08:41:19 PM »

Fulcrum FA22
L-Acoustics A15 Wide
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 10:01:38 PM »

Danley SM 80

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 10:15:34 PM »

Danley SM 80

While the SM80 does what it does quite well, when I think of a KF650... an SM 80 is missing the entire LF bandpass.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 10:15:34 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.