ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your favorite in-stage pocket for installs?  (Read 1359 times)

Noah D Mitchell

Your favorite in-stage pocket for installs?
« on: May 18, 2021, 07:40:19 PM »

Hello,

I've used Ace Backstage in the past, no complaints and they've certainly got a wide variety. I'll be installing audio, data and power in a concrete stage (new pour, of course). Any other brands I need to take a look at?

Thanks in advance,

Robert Healey

Re: Your favorite in-stage pocket for installs?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 10:41:52 AM »

Hello,

I've used Ace Backstage in the past, no complaints and they've certainly got a wide variety. I'll be installing audio, data and power in a concrete stage (new pour, of course). Any other brands I need to take a look at?

Thanks in advance,

FSR is my go-to. Legrand is probably the most common as they are used for a lot more than AV.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 01:19:01 PM »

FSR FL-1500, lot of panel options and plenty of room to plug in and unplug cables.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 02:54:15 PM »

I really like the Elite Core FP for their price. And while ACE makes great products I think the EC boxes are functionally better in some ways (cable management for one).
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Noah D Mitchell

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 04:00:50 PM »

I really like the Elite Core FP for their price. And while ACE makes great products I think the EC boxes are functionally better in some ways (cable management for one).

Elite Core does have nice cable management. Also the labeling and custom logos seems very affordable on these boxes. Thanks for the heads up!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 04:47:48 PM »

By "floor pocket" I presume you're talking about the "dirt, insect, rodent, liquids -attracting magnets that will fail to work when you need them...

I love floor pockets when they're maintained.  That's about 0% of the time after 2 years from installation.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 10:37:54 PM »

By "floor pocket" I presume you're talking about the "dirt, insect, rodent, liquids -attracting magnets that will fail to work when you need them...

I love floor pockets when they're maintained.  That's about 0% of the time after 2 years from installation.

Tim beat me to it, the winning answer is none, I have never seen one, even in the cleanest of church's that is not totally disgusting.  I think the only thing more consistently disgusting is the trough at the lip of the stage where the footlights are.  I have dropped cables in those and never got them back.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 10:37:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.