ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Germany to test with 4000 person concert  (Read 4024 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Germany to test covid with 4000 person concert
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 02:29:49 AM »

Deliberately trying to infect humans with a highly contagious and in many circumstances fatal disease...That seems...unethical, at best.

Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 02:47:06 AM »

Deliberately trying to infect humans with a highly contagious and in many circumstances fatal disease...That seems...unethical, at best.

I'll have to go back and read the whole article, I just glanced over it earlier.  My recollection is there is no *deliberate infection* but rather using surrogate substances to study transmission vectors in 3 different scenarios.  The audience is tested 2x and must be negative both times to be admitted to the venue.

Otherwise, yeah, the optics are Tuskegee Side Show under the Direction of the Marquis de Mengele.  /mixed metaphores

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 12:10:08 PM »

If the concert goers are volunteering for the experiment with full disclosure, I am ok with it.

I think these sort of things should come with benefits beyond the show. Also, the subjects should be provided with free medical care should they need it, AND, the researchers should have a well funded Life insurance policy should a test subject die as a result.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 01:18:22 PM »

Okay??? with some of them potentially walking around like Typhoid Mary ,

Just because they've been tested doesn't mean it can't pop up later and they think they're all good when they're not

I don't think so so
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

John L Nobile

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 08:56:36 PM »

I like the idea of doing it in a controlled environment with tracing in place. 4K sounds like a good number to actually stage a concert and make a profit. Maybe not the Rolling Stones but it will keep a lot of people working if successful. it seems like a scientific aproach that has been thought out. And Germany seems to have done a good job so far.

The other option would be just to have a concert and ignore the possible dangers. Remember Tulsa? Not a concet but quite similar.

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 05:23:09 AM »

If the concert goers are volunteering for the experiment with full disclosure, I am ok with it.

I think these sort of things should come with benefits beyond the show. Also, the subjects should be provided with free medical care should they need it, AND, the researchers should have a well funded Life insurance policy should a test subject die as a result.

While medical care in Germany isn't free, it isn't some weird fucked up situation like in the states.  I had to get a knee scoped 12 years ago. I think it cost me something like 25 euro, which paid for physio therapy and orderlies to take me home and help me up the stairs. If I had taken a normal taxi, it probably would have cost more money.

guest157869

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 09:05:37 AM »

While medical care in Germany isn't free, it isn't some weird fucked up situation like in the states.  I had to get a knee scoped 12 years ago. I think it cost me something like 25 euro, which paid for physio therapy and orderlies to take me home and help me up the stairs. If I had taken a normal taxi, it probably would have cost more money.
I think the key point here is a proper contact tracing. I'm not completely against going to concerts or movies but a property contact tracing and filiation is ultimately necessary in order to prevent worse scenarios with a more dangerous mutated virus. I've been staying in my property in Germany since this quarantine situation started and I can say that the German government is pretty serious about pandemic measures. Therefore, I think Germany is the right place for hosting such an experiment and organization.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber