ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audinate Dante Avio module overheating  (Read 1174 times)

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
Audinate Dante Avio module overheating
« on: June 08, 2020, 11:03:01 PM »

I recently bought some Dante Avio adapters to experiment with and learn the basics of Dante. I have a 2 channel analog input, a 2 channel analog output, and a usb input/output adapter. I’m powering them with a D-Link DGS 1008P switch, as they are POE. It’s has a “green” feature that interrupts the signal flow every so often. It’s what I had at home and is part of the learning process.

It’s all working well but I’ve noticed that the 2 channel analog output adapter gets hot. Not warm but hot to the touch. The others get slightly warm, just warm enough to notice. Has anyone else noticed this?

I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

Mike Kahrs

Re: Audinate Dante Avio module overheating
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 05:09:22 PM »

Not sure why your POE powered device gets hot, however if you're exploring Dante, and using a POE switch for power, regardless of model, I suggest you add POE to your lesson plan and get a cheap POE tester from poetexas.com or your vendor of choice.  More than one flavor of POE out there, and more to come.

I have POE powered Dante devices too, and a POE powered Ubiquiti Bullet, and a POE powered switch, and they use different POE.  I do RF so I use a Shure POE powered 610 as well.  Good luck.
Why know when you can guess...

Laurence Nefzger

• Kirkland, WA USA
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 12:36:45 PM »

I recently bought some Dante Avio adapters to experiment with and learn the basics of Dante. I have a 2 channel analog input, a 2 channel analog output, and a usb input/output adapter. I’m powering them with a D-Link DGS 1008P switch, as they are POE. It’s has a “green” feature that interrupts the signal flow every so often. It’s what I had at home and is part of the learning process.

It’s all working well but I’ve noticed that the 2 channel analog output adapter gets hot. Not warm but hot to the touch. The others get slightly warm, just warm enough to notice. Has anyone else noticed this?
I have a test fixture with 30 input devices and 30 output devices. And, yes, whereas the OP devices get slightly hotter than warm the IP devices get definitely hot. So what you are experiencing appears to be normal operation.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 12:36:45 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.