ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Just ..HI  (Read 8107 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Just ..HI
« on: April 26, 2020, 07:37:55 PM »

I hope everyone is well and surviving this mess.
I hate that our industry has been so terribly affected and this has brought hardship upon so many of the good folks here.
Fortunately Chris can work his day job (kinda) and this supports our family but I am mindful of all my friends here on the forum.
Just wanted to drop by and let you all know I am thinking about you.
Deb
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Just ..HI
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 07:54:45 PM »

I hate that our industry has been so terribly affected and this has brought hardship upon so many of the good folks here.
Fortunately Chris can work his day job (kinda) and this supports our family but I am mindful of all my friends here on the forum.
Deb

Thanks an hello back.

Deryl is furloughed for now so we are doing home projects. Building 60 of walkway and then a patio.
We have been exploring the idea of a neighborhood social distancing block party. A bunch of Webber grills, tables and chairs and, of course, a sound system for party music all set up in the coul de sac on our street.
People would bring food for their family and likely their own chairs and maybe tables?
So, I need to extend my WIFI out to the street using a mesh AP.

Stay safe everyone. I really miss bars.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 08:18:03 PM »

Stay safe everyone. I really miss bars.

I've been burning through my liquor cabinet at Zoom Happy Hours.

Mac

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 08:37:12 PM »

We have been exploring the idea of a neighborhood social distancing block party. A bunch of Webber grills, tables and chairs and, of course, a sound system for party music all set up in the coul de sac on our street.
People would bring food for their family and likely their own chairs and maybe tables?
So, I need to extend my WIFI out to the street using a mesh AP.
Some good friends of mine up in Canmore Alberta did just that. There must be 5-6 houses tightly crammed into their little cul de sac and they posted a pic to fb of maybe 25 people clumped in family groups sitting in deck/lawn chairs facing into the middle of a 30’ diameter (9.2 meter) circle. Why not? Not sure about music but one of those friends is the executive/artistic director of the Canmore Folk Festival so I can only assume she had that covered.

Good to hear from you Debbie.  Stay strong.
..db

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 08:54:49 PM »

I've been burning through my liquor cabinet at Zoom Happy Hours.

Mac

We have 5 o’clock quarantininies !
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 10:19:58 PM »

Deb

I've been thinking of loading the trailer just to remember how its done.  ;D.

Rick Powell

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 11:29:54 PM »

On the bad side, we are starting to get cancellations late into June. On the bright side, we are still getting calls for what we think will be safe bookings in Q3 and Q4. Time to re-program the lights, some other stuff just to get ready for when the action starts again.

Mal Brown

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 11:50:35 PM »

Hi Debbie!

... and the rest of yous guys too!

did take out tonight.   Sushi.. first non-home made meal in 48 days...
felt like a real splurge!

We both work from home.  I'm working on a business intelligence consulting practice.  Getting 60 to 90 hours a month. Which makes me the official house boy ;-)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 11:53:59 PM by Mal Brown »
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

duane massey

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 03:09:24 AM »

Both of my income streams ended. Typically play 2-3 nights per week at restaurants/bars, so that's gone. Typically do 15-20 hours per week building speakers/technical service work, and that's gone. Picked up a little bit of "handyman" work for a former client, so that helps some. The good news is that both myself and my wife have lived long enough to draw social security, so we aren't going to be homeless or starving. Hope this doesn't continue much longer, as there are many in our industry that have nothing to fall back on.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 05:06:37 AM »

Been teaching guitar via zoom calls like crazy. I feel very fortunate to have an income stream right now.

But I actually found a use for some of my live gear tonight. Pepe Le Pew moved in under our deck, so I decided to upgrade his digs with strobe lights and let them run 24/7. May have to move a few subs out there in the morning.

Hope everyone is staying safe and surviving the storm. I fear it may be a long time before large public gatherings are allowed again.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 06:01:56 AM by Mark Scrivener »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 05:06:37 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.