ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: SuperBowl Halftime show  (Read 5973 times)

David Allred

Re: SuperBowl Halftime show
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 09:20:50 AM »

Was there production seat kill, or did they *gasp* not sell out ?
Chris.
No, I didn't watch. Missed the Jackson bob thing too....
You mean the "Oops.  It was an accidental wardrobe malfunction" even though for some reason there was a giant pastie in place.  Same likelihood that she were wearing a white bra with "Save the whales" written across the cups.   :o  ;)

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 12:07:41 PM »

You mean the "Oops.  It was an accidental wardrobe malfunction" even though for some reason there was a giant pastie in place.  Same likelihood that she were wearing a white bra with "Save the whales" written across the cups.   :o  ;)

The 'malfunction' is that only one half came off.  Both were supposed to.
Brian Jojade

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2019, 02:44:31 PM »

I think I'm in the minority here, but...

I thought Maroon 5 did a great job, especially given all of the challenges with a performance like the Super Bowl halftime. They go on, 100% cold, and have to get everyone into the performance as quickly as possible. They can't be too crazy, and they can't be too boring. They have to try to appeal to a world audience. And they get about 10-minutes to get it all done.

None of that even considers all of the political and environmental fallout that took place before the game... people were upset that the NFL didn't select an Atlanta-based performer as the headliner. Then performers turned down the gigs to show solidarity to Kaepernick, and there was an online petition to get Maroon 5 to drop the gig.

Rap isn't my favorite genre, but I don't absolutely hate it. And yes, the guys (presumably) used profanity in their performance. Ok. I did enjoy the incorporation of the Drum/Bugle Corp - that was pretty cool.

But musically... Maroon 5 seemed to do a good job. I've seen them in concert (opening for other acts) and I really enjoyed their shows. I don't own a single Maroon 5 album or track, but I appreciate what they do.

Again... probably in the minority here... but I don't quite understand all of the backlash and outrage over their performance.

Edit: I should also add - the taking off of the shirt was unnecessary. Not quite sure why he did that.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:05:01 PM by Steve Litscher »

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2019, 03:19:29 PM »

Edit: I should also add - the taking off of the shirt was unnecessary. Not quite sure why he did that.

For all the 12 year old girls in the audience. ::)
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2019, 03:29:55 PM »

For all the 12 year old girls in the audience. ::)

That's creepy.

I think he took the shirt off because the drapery no longer match the carpet... or he finally realized that a 1980s design flashback wasn't exactly contemporary no matter what he saw on the interwebs.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:43:45 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Fruits

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2019, 05:13:31 PM »

My theory was that he was in full Diva mode and was trying to have as many costume changes as possible, like all the big stars. 
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2019, 08:04:52 PM »

That's creepy.

Just to clarify, I don't think there were a lot of 12 year old girls watching the superbowl.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 01:16:23 AM »

Just to clarify, I don't think there were a lot of 12 year old girls watching the superbowl.

Not at half time, anyway.  I think he had a new tatt and wanted to show off.

As for the Janet Jackson malfunction comparisons going around we can only ask "what have you done for me lately?"   ::)

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week!
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 03:11:02 AM »

What do you Americans put in these super bowls you have?

I saw a good spoof report on PA of the Day's Facebook page - "Superbowl half time show ruined by perfectly functioning sound system".

Steve.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2019, 08:19:42 AM »

What do you Americans put in these super bowls you have?

I saw a good spoof report on PA of the Day's Facebook page - "Superbowl half time show ruined by perfectly functioning sound system".

Steve.
For myself, I put a nice Chili, Pasta, or heart warming Chicken Soup in my Supper Bowl. The other thing, i dunno. I'm a Canuk.
Our Toilet Bowl (Big Owe / Olympic Stadium / Money Pit) is a 10 minute walk from the house. No One can get a decent sound in that "bowl". Perfectly functioning or not...
Chris (Montreal)
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2019, 08:19:42 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 26 queries.