ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keeping It Real, Part 3: Virtual Reality For Your Ears & Even More  (Read 799 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW

Keeping It Real, Part 3: Virtual Reality For Your Ears & Even More
Moving beyond stereo IEMs into a high-definition experience with 3D in-ear monitoring systems.
By Becky Pell • December 6, 2018

Until now, the physical constraints of in-ear monitors – sound being delivered direct to our eardrums – have given us no way to experience the nuances of sound localization. The fact that our moulds are in the ear means that we miss out on the out-of-body arrival of sounds and the information we glean from the travel of those sound waves around our heads and bodies.

Until now.

I recently had the pleasure of road-testing a stunning 3D in-ear monitoring system from Germany-based company KLANG:technologies (Klang).

My experience has convinced me that this is the next great leap forward for in-ears, almost as much of a game-changer as the 1990s introduction of IEMs in the first place, or the evolution from analog to digital desks...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/keeping-it-real-part-3-virtual-reality-for-your-ears-even-more/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.