ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with feedback  (Read 1902 times)

Thomas Dawson

Help with feedback
« on: May 22, 2017, 09:36:51 AM »

I have a berhinger x32 producer! I'm having a problem with feed back when I un mute my in-ear sure power pack. I'm a drummer with a lot of mic's on the drum set. There are three singers with mic's and we just have vocals coming out of three floor wedges. Does anyone know what I can do to stop the feed back? I know in-ear monitors aren't supposed have feed back.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Help with feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 09:49:03 AM »

I have a berhinger x32 producer! I'm having a problem with feed back when I un mute my in-ear sure power pack. I'm a drummer with a lot of mic's on the drum set. There are three singers with mic's and we just have vocals coming out of three floor wedges. Does anyone know what I can do to stop the feed back? I know in-ear monitors aren't supposed have feed back.

... a question that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the thread you posted in... Just saying, relevance is important.

But more importantly, Welcome to the ProSoundWeb! You'll find a lot of resources and knowledge here. However, per the Rules of Participation, your Display Name MUST be your Real, Full Name in order to post. Would you please return to your Profile and update your Display Name to comply? Regrettably, we are unable to assist you until you are in compliance.

Thanks!

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 06:58:24 AM »

Is the feedback just in your in ears or or across the stage? Is unmuting the bus at the board when this starts or the iems themselves?

If it is just in your iem bus, you might have a loop inside the mixer that happens to only be feeding the bus for your ears.

Simplest thing to do is to mute everything including the other buses, and effect sends/returns except your ears and then unmute things one at a time until you locate the source. 

You can also go through all your fader banks and look for channels that are showing a constant signal even when there should be nothing present. Check your channel/bus routings  and make sure a channel that is part of your in ears mix isn't somehow feeding itself. The x32 line certainty has the ability to created loops internally with the flexible routing that is available.

It is even possible that somehow you are sending the in-ears bus back to itself through ar channel since the channel input can be a bus, which can be sent back to itself.

Once you located the source you may have dig deeper and see what all that source is feeding, or what is feeding into that source.
In could be a long path back to the bus.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 10:32:37 AM by Scott Olewiler »
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 08:34:39 AM »

It could be an internal routing loop as just described or you are just getting plain ol feedback between your ear buds and the mics around your drum kit.

I had that happen one time, I kept getting this intermittent high frequency feedback and it was coming from the drummers ear buds as he would move his head around, I have no idea what kind of ear buds they were but they must have been really loud!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 08:34:39 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.