ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Chauvet SlimPAR Pro W USB users?  (Read 2211 times)

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
Any Chauvet SlimPAR Pro W USB users?
« on: April 30, 2017, 12:00:39 AM »

Hi

Wanting to add a couple of dedicated white wash lights to the LED rig and these more or less fit the budget (~$1000).
Main use will be front lighting for small theater shows and band gigs.
Only found a couple of user reviews (on the likes of sweetwater and Ebay) and one mention on here from a user that had just sold all of theirs (but not for any problems that I could tell of), but just wanted to check if there were any issues that anyone had come across.
Current front lighting is being provided by SlimPAR HEX 6 fixtures (using white and amber).

« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 04:36:14 AM by Jonathan Goodall »

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: Any Chauvet SlimPAR Pro W USB users?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 08:06:06 PM »

They are decent.  The last company I was at used them on most of the low-budget installs.  The E-260 and F-165 have better whites, better power supplies, and I believe faster refresh - you get what you pay for.  It all comes down to if you're looking for a Pro or "bang for buck" solution. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 02:18:54 AM »

They are decent.  The last company I was at used them on most of the low-budget installs.  The E-260 and F-165 have better whites, better power supplies, and I believe faster refresh - you get what you pay for.  It all comes down to if you're looking for a Pro or "bang for buck" solution.

Thanks for the comments :)   Would love to get "Pro" but "bang for buck" will have to suffice, as the E-260 & F-165 are well outside of budget (The E-260 runs at close to $3K here each)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 02:18:54 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.