ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Srx828sp reformat!!??  (Read 5139 times)

robert rodriguez

Srx828sp reformat!!??
« on: January 18, 2017, 08:17:21 PM »

Hey guys! I recently purchased a few stx828sp subs and I'm having some issues with one of them:

1: instead of displaying the "srx828sp" model name like the rest of the cabs in the upper left corner it displays "crown ppa"

2: There's no sub crossover presets, the first one only says "default" and the rest only numbers.

3: the speakers sound out of phase between the box.

4: audio architect recognizes the module as "srx-2s" with a picture close to a srx812

Seems to me the power pack module need to reformat or be "told" what is supposed to do.

Any ideas guys? Please help :'(

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: Srx828sp reformat!!??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 08:49:14 PM »

Hey guys! I recently purchased a few stx828sp subs and I'm having some issues with one of them:

1: instead of displaying the "srx828sp" model name like the rest of the cabs in the upper left corner it displays "crown ppa"

2: There's no sub crossover presets, the first one only says "default" and the rest only numbers.

4: audio architect recognizes the module as "srx-2s" with a picture close to a srx812

Seems to me the power pack module need to reformat or be "told" what is supposed to do.

Many of JBL's self-powered cabinets share amp and/or DSP modules with other products.  They get flashed to set them for the correct model. 
They will not normally allow a user to do this themselves but would require a service center to do it. 

This could be an issue of needing to be flashed or it could be a different problem. 

Were these purchased new or used?

I would call JBL and see what they want you to do.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Will Knight

• Queens, NY
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 08:53:42 PM »

Did you buy these new from a JBL dealer? 
Have you called JBL's Service Desk for their advice?
If new from a dealer, would suggest returning for a warranty repair/replacement. Sounds like a corrupted DSP software issue.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value — Albert Einstein.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 10:20:53 PM »

You should not be seeing that.  Call JBL's service department 800-397-1881.  Or you can contact Pro support via website http://www.jblproservice.com/forms/us_tech.html
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Perry

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 03:41:48 PM »

I know this is an old thread but I have two new SRX828SP's and one of them has the exact same issue.  Were you ever able to fix it?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber